FIOS TV App: Channels not available for streaming on iPhone
jguffain

I recently switched from a Samsung S10+ to an iPhone 12 Pro Max. While on the S10+, I was able to watch FiOS TV from anywhere (e.g., Network TV, HBO, Redzone...Basically any channel I was subscribed to through my cable subscription).  Now, on the iPhone, I get a message on these channels that says, “Channel unavailable for streaming. Availability is determined by a device location or connectivity with Fios router.”Again, prior to iPhone I never had this issue. Is this iPhone specific?

0 Likes
Re: FIOS TV App: Channels not available for streaming on iPhone
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@JTG79 wrote:

I recently switched from a Samsung S10+ to an iPhone 12 Pro Max. While on the S10+, I was able to watch FiOS TV from anywhere (e.g., Network TV, HBO, Redzone...Basically any channel I was subscribed to through my cable subscription).  Now, on the iPhone, I get a message on these channels that says, “Channel unavailable for streaming. Availability is determined by a device location or connectivity with Fios router.”Again, prior to iPhone I never had this issue. Is this iPhone specific?

You need to be at home the first time you use the app on the phone for it to get registered with the router. After that you should be able to use it anywhere.

0 Likes