Re: FIOS + TV Guide On-Screen + CableCard
tsk
Enthusiast - Level 3

@spacedebris wrote:

I shot the question over to my buddy at Verizon tech support and he says, No. The TVGO is not passed via the Verizon system. Without a Verizon STB, there is no guide data from any source on the video broadcast. To get 3rd party guides, you must have another way of obtaining the info. IE an internet connection for download. But no guide info from any 3rd party is sent on the broadcast systems.

That is odd since my Pioneer plasma with CableCard does in fact receive TVGOS data (I just confirmed this again to be current).  This is using the built-in channel guide (TV Guide) and not an STB.  If Verizon is not passing the data then I'm not sure where my TV is getting it from since I don't have an OTA antenna or any other connection to the display.

This is on Long Island (western Suffolk County).

0 Likes
swanscn
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just to confirm TV Guide works on my Pioneer with CableCard also. On a Pio just set your zip coed and it finds the information for your area and service. But on some Pio's your set may reset during the evening and you get a blinking blue light. For this reason I have disabled TV guide on my set. I would love to have it but can live without it.

0 Likes
cbinma

I have a Sony DVR and it receives TVGOS fine over FIOS. It is on the CBS CH4 signal here in MA.

0 Likes