FIOS TV MULTI DVR, MULTI RECEIVER ENVIRONMENT
vff

I am currently with Directv and looking at FIOS but have a few questions. 

I have 7 HD DVR's (3 Tivo, 4 DTV) and 3 HD receivers. My current environment has approx 2 TB's of storage, I have 6 receivers in game room with 6 TV's, 3 receivers in family room with 1 TV (includes an electronic multiplexer in order to feed output from 2 game room DTV receivers using composite output), and 1 receiver/TV in play room. In the game room I am using a HD distribution switch to send my choice of xbox, DVD, or DVR output to 2 locations (outdoors, guest room) and use cloned RF remotes coded to the correct receivers to not to have to carry remotes around. Main TV in family room can view up to 6 HD inputs (4 HDMI, 2 Component). This allows input from 3 HD DVR's, Apple TV, Wii, & DVD player.  (there is more to this, it but thats good enough for the questions I have). ALL TV's are HD and have QAM. I am using a 4x16 powered multiswitch to feed all receiver locations from the dish. 

I am going to FIOS internet/phone so looking at this has been intriguing to me. 

First, will I be able to replicate this environment or are there limitations? 

If get FIOS TV and get the media hub, will I be able to watch recorded HD in HD at different locations, using up to 6 STB's?

Can I get multiple media hubs so that I can increase the space and concurrent recording of channels? Since you can only have 1 hub per group, I assume I would need to set up multple groups if I want more than 1 hub? 

Can I use 3 Tivo HD (1tb) receivers and link them to watch shows on either? 

I also presume that if I DONT have cable card slots on my TV's, I will need to get an HD receiver PER TV UNLESS I am OK with channels 1-50 using the QAM?

Do the FIOS receivers have RF remotes? can you select the remotes (like TIVO)... if not I can use the installed IR repeater system but RF is much easier and simplier to deal with. 

Sorry for all the questions but I would love to simplify but right now, it all works great, and only down time is when there is a big storm... 🙂  

0 Likes