FIOS TV One Mini won't connect/Activate
Kingshome1
FIOS TV One Mini won't connect. Trying to setup and connect mini for first time. Getting error message = 8305-1. Won't "Activate" due to this error. It is telling me to connect the coaxial cable. I have done this. I have rebooted several times. I have rebooted the router (+) rebooted Fios TV One DVR (+) One Mini. Still no luck.
0 Likes
Re: FIOS TV One Mini won't connect/Activate
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Was there an old box there before you upgraded? It is possible that the coax has no signal? You can also try connecting via wifi. If still having issues you might need to call tech support. 

jvm2

I have the same issue. My mini bx works on other tv's and my tv works with other HDMI devices. I have changed mni boxes, cables and still no signal. I have called tech support no solution. All they told me is that my new 70" smart TV and the new TV one box are not compatible. Difficult to believe coming from Verizon.

@Edg1 wrote:

Was there an old box there before you upgraded? It is possible that the coax has no signal? You can also try connecting via wifi. If still having issues you might need to call tech support. 

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is it a 4k TV? Are you using a 4k certified hdmi cable? Try using the basic composite (red, white, yellow) connection and see if you have a picture. If not, there is a problem with the feed to the mini, either bad coax or a bad wifi connection.

dmc1958

I seem to be having similar problem with my new Hisense 55 “ 8 series. Keep getting  No or weak signal message on TV. Mini box seems to set up OK. Box works with other TV. TV works with full size box.  Ran new coax to it, tried it wirelessly, swapped HDMI cables. Called Hisense they said it doesn’t seem to be compatible. Verizon tech is coming to house to sort it out Sunday but this really sucks if buying a new TV is hit or miss on being compatible with the new Fios One stuff. 

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

Usually weak or no signal message refers to OTA signal, not the Fios box. Are you sure your TV is set to the correct HDMI input the Fios box is connected to?

tclark211

I'm having exact issue right now with my Hisense 4k. I scheduled both verizon to come out and geek squad since bought from Best Buy, but noth say they charge if problem isn't their equipment. TV is still under extended warranty so I'm hoping I can replace, no more Hisense though.

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

Check the menu on your TV and make sure the input you have the Fios box hooked up to is set to "enhanced" or 4K or whatever Hisense calls it. Should be an item somewhere in the menu to enable 4K for each input. You could also try setting the Fios box to 1080 in the resolution settings.

GeeGee12
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had the exact same issue on my Hisense. I was able to work around it by running the Fios One mini into my sound bar and then run HDMI out from sound bar into the Hisense TV. By passing it through the soundbar the TV sees the signal whereas if I run the HDMI directly from the Fios One mini to the same input on the Hisense it does not see it.  This seems unique to the Hisense as all my Samsung TVs work fine direct from the Fios mini.

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is it possible the Hisense TV isn't HDCP 2.2 compatible? The Fios box is looking for that level of protection when sending a 4K signal and passing the signal through the soundbar satisfies the box. You need to see if there is a 4K option on the input menu of the TV, sometimes called enhanced. If not check the specs to see if it is HDCP 2.2 capable. If not you'll need a converter box.