FIOS TV One Remote Programming for LG TV
BillAdams1

I've searched and searched, so now I post.

Are there instructions somewhere to program the new FIOS TV One remote for a specific TV? In my case that would be an LG TV.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: FIOS TV One Remote Programming for LG TV
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

@BillAdams wrote:

Are there instructions somewhere to program the new FIOS TV One remote for a specific TV? In my case that would be an LG TV.

Here is the exact way to get there...

Go to Menu > Settings > Voice Control > Fios Voice Remote > Program Voice Remote > Manual Setup. 

Once there it will ask for your TV brand and just follow the setup. 

View solution in original post

Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I’m not in front of TV right now but in Settings go to Voice Control and there is a Manual option and it will ask you to enter your TV brand and follow the steps. 

Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

@BillAdams wrote:

Here is the exact way to get there...

Go to Menu > Settings > Voice Control > Fios Voice Remote > Program Voice Remote > Manual Setup. 

Once there it will ask for your TV brand and just follow the setup. 

joon73
Enthusiast - Level 1

You are simply amazing! Been searching for this info for the past few days. And the Verizon website was absoluty no help. Thanks a million.

renpar61

I tried to program mine with Manual setup, and it works, but then next time I turn the box on it keeps reverting to the auto setting again.

Is there a way to save the setting?

Please help.

0 Likes
Chipper14
Enthusiast - Level 2

Does NOT work. Tried many times with different codes and tried MANUAL many times. Verizon swapped the remote and I repeated all the numerous times again. No success! Appears there is a software issue not solved yet.  My old remote works fine with my LGs. So..... I have new TV One without Voice Control. It is still worth keeping. Maybe new software will still solve in future updates.

0 Likes
runner007

I am having the same issue. LG 65SJ8500 TV.  I tried auto and manual programming and the on/off works on the Fios ONE remote, but I cannot control the volume or mute. I am routing the signal via HDMI through a receiver to the TV.  I was thinking the pass-through in standby mode might be an issue, but the remote should be communicating directly with the TV, regardless of the audio or video signal.  It also keeps trying to program the receiver to control the volume, which I do not want.  Can't find a way to tell it not to.  Anyone else having issues?

0 Likes
Stormy1217
Enthusiast - Level 2

Having the same issue.  Remote won't turn the tv off, mute and volume controls don't work, yet voice works.  TV is a brand new Nano 8 series LG.  Remote worked fine on old LG that died.

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Stormy1217 wrote:

Having the same issue.  Remote won't turn the tv off, mute and volume controls don't work, yet voice works.  TV is a brand new Nano 8 series LG.  Remote worked fine on old LG that died.

Did you wipe out the original programming from the old LG TV and then re-program the remote or are you still trying to use the original programming? When you say voice works what exactly works?

Stormy1217
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did reprogram or attempt to reprogram the remote after clearing the old programming off.  Now the remote does nothing at all.  Before, when voice was the only part working, I meant that when I talked into it the remote would go to the show I requested. Now, after reprogramming, that doesn't work either.  I did enter the model number of my tv from the drop down list when I reprogrammed manually, and of course the message flashed its usual that the tv, remote and sound bar were all paired when they weren't.  Verizon's voice remote is far behind the technology of Comcasts, I'm sorry to say, but it should not be this hard to pair the remote to a newer tv. 

0 Likes