Re: FIOS TV One Remote Programming for LG TV
Stormy1217
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yay.  Got the Verizon remote to work with voice, volume, and mute.  It does everything now EXCEPT turn my LG tv and LG soundbar off.  The problem with the volume and mute controls not working was solved by going into the sound icon on my tv and selecting "sound out - optical" because I do have an LG soundbar set up with an optical connection. After I changed that on my tv, the remote was able to increase and decrease the sound volume as well as mute the tv.  I guess I'll spend tomorrow figuring out how to turn everything off.  Right now when I hit the off button, my tv goes into some Fios standby mode and the soundbar stays on as well.

clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

Did you try enabling CEC on the TV and Fios box? The screen you see is always there when you "turn off" the Fios box. It never really turns off 100%. By enabling CEC your TV may be able to tell the Fios box to turn off. Worth a shot!

Stormy1217
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you.  What I finally did to get it to work was go to Menu > settings > audio and video > video settings > TV input control and then choose disable.  Now my tv and soundbar both turn off with the remote which is now fully functional.  I don't really understand what I did but it worked and now I'm happy and can enjoy my new tv.  

clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@Stormy1217 wrote:

Thank you.  What I finally did to get it to work was go to Menu > settings > audio and video > video settings > TV input control and then choose disable.  Now my tv and soundbar both turn off with the remote which is now fully functional.  I don't really understand what I did but it worked and now I'm happy and can enjoy my new tv.  

What you did was turn off CEC for the Fios box. Apparently there was a conflict between the box and the TV and that solved it.

PilotLou

Have May 2020 65 inch C9 OLED and similar remote problems despite many automatic and manual setup attempts. Remote refuses to control tv sound level or mute. I wanted access to 4K Fios programming of which there is almost none and I got a **bleep**-off wife who wants to return to old Fios STBs/remotes that worked fine on new LG. Who is at fault? LG says it's Verizon since old remotes worked fine.

0 Likes
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@PilotLou wrote:

Have May 2020 65 inch C9 OLED and similar remote problems despite many automatic and manual setup attempts. Remote refuses to control tv sound level or mute. I wanted access to 4K Fios programming of which there is almost none and I got a **bleep**-off wife who wants to return to old Fios STBs/remotes that worked fine on new LG. Who is at fault? LG says it's Verizon since old remotes worked fine.

Do you have a receiver or soundbar in the mix here? The fios one by default tries to  control volume with a receiver or soundbar if it finds one, and will not try the TV for volume. The problem could also be bad code for the LG tv in the new remote. You could ask for an OLD remote from Verizon and that will still work with the new boxes and your old tv because it uses manual codes.

0 Likes