FIOS TV One Remote Programming for LG TV

SOLVED
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: FIOS TV One Remote Programming for LG TV

Message 11 of 14
(406 Views)

Yay.  Got the Verizon remote to work with voice, volume, and mute.  It does everything now EXCEPT turn my LG tv and LG soundbar off.  The problem with the volume and mute controls not working was solved by going into the sound icon on my tv and selecting "sound out - optical" because I do have an LG soundbar set up with an optical connection. After I changed that on my tv, the remote was able to increase and decrease the sound volume as well as mute the tv.  I guess I'll spend tomorrow figuring out how to turn everything off.  Right now when I hit the off button, my tv goes into some Fios standby mode and the soundbar stays on as well.

Highlighted
MVP MVP
MVP

Message 12 of 14
(401 Views)

Did you try enabling CEC on the TV and Fios box? The screen you see is always there when you "turn off" the Fios box. It never really turns off 100%. By enabling CEC your TV may be able to tell the Fios box to turn off. Worth a shot!

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 13 of 14
(396 Views)

Thank you.  What I finally did to get it to work was go to Menu > settings > audio and video > video settings > TV input control and then choose disable.  Now my tv and soundbar both turn off with the remote which is now fully functional.  I don't really understand what I did but it worked and now I'm happy and can enjoy my new tv.  

Highlighted
MVP MVP
MVP

Message 14 of 14
(356 Views)

@Stormy1217 wrote:

Thank you.  What I finally did to get it to work was go to Menu > settings > audio and video > video settings > TV input control and then choose disable.  Now my tv and soundbar both turn off with the remote which is now fully functional.  I don't really understand what I did but it worked and now I'm happy and can enjoy my new tv.  

What you did was turn off CEC for the Fios box. Apparently there was a conflict between the box and the TV and that solved it.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.