FIOS TV One Remote Variable Volume not working
techtalk1

I am connecting one of the mini STB via HDMI to an HP Computer Monitor with speakers (HP EliteDisplay E273m).  According to everything I have read as well the description in the settings I have set the Volume Control to Variable so the FIOS TV One will control the volume through the box.  Does not work.  Volume stays fixed.  Changing the volume on the HP Monitor is with a manual up\down switch so need to get the variable setting to work.  I have also read that the FIOS One Remote always controls the volume on the TV.  Since I do not need the remote to control the HP Monitor at all is the solution to remove any TV codes programmed into the remote so it will now control the volume from the STB?  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: FIOS TV One Remote Variable Volume not working
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

The problem is the Fios One only has control over the analog audio out, not HDMI or optical. What you need to do is run a set of RCA cables from the box to the monitors analog audio input, then select analog as the audio source on the monitor. You'll probably need an RCA to 3/8" stereo headphone cable.

View solution in original post

Re: FIOS TV One Remote Variable Volume not working
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

The problem is the Fios One only has control over the analog audio out, not HDMI or optical. What you need to do is run a set of RCA cables from the box to the monitors analog audio input, then select analog as the audio source on the monitor. You'll probably need an RCA to 3/8" stereo headphone cable.