quick menu

FIOS TV One and home entertainment center

FIOS TV One and home entertainment center

SOLVED
Contributor Maria-M
Contributor
Message 1 of 4
(413 Views)

Hello, we are thinking of getting the FIOS TV One and Mini.  We are concerned how the new set top box will affect our entertainment center.  Currently, all our devices are controlled by our Logitech Harmony One remote.  Looking at the connections at the back of the Motorola HD QIP7100 1, we have the coax cable, HDMI, and power cord. The question is when we get the new FIOS TV One, will we just hook it up just like the Motorola? Do we have to reprogram our Harmony One remote to be able to connect to the new cable box? The Mini will be connected just to the TV, will just be using the remote that came with the Mini. Thanks for your help.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Silver Contributor V Silver Contributor V
Silver Contributor V
Message 2 of 4
(398 Views)

Yes. The connections will be the same with coax in, HDMI out, and power cord. 

The current p256 FiOS remote also works with the new FiOS TV One boxes so you probably won’t need to reprogram your Harmony remote. 

Bronze Contributor II Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II
Message 3 of 4
(357 Views)

I'm using a Harmony remote that is programmed for the 7100 boxes and everything is fine. The advantage of using the Harmony is you have functions not available on the new voice remote like aspect ratio. The main advantage of the new Fios One remote is the bluetooth connection doesn't need line of sight to work.

Contributor Maria-M
Contributor
Message 4 of 4
(325 Views)

Thank you, and as you said everything is fine.  We installed Fios One TV and it went well.  Our Harmony One remote worked and got all the devices responding.  Hope this continues. Again, thank you.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.

My Verizon

• Add or Change Plan
  • Suspend My Service
  • Apps

Support

Watch Fios