FIOS TV One and home entertainment center
Maria-M
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello, we are thinking of getting the FIOS TV One and Mini.  We are concerned how the new set top box will affect our entertainment center.  Currently, all our devices are controlled by our Logitech Harmony One remote.  Looking at the connections at the back of the Motorola HD QIP7100 1, we have the coax cable, HDMI, and power cord. The question is when we get the new FIOS TV One, will we just hook it up just like the Motorola? Do we have to reprogram our Harmony One remote to be able to connect to the new cable box? The Mini will be connected just to the TV, will just be using the remote that came with the Mini. Thanks for your help.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: FIOS TV One and home entertainment center
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes. The connections will be the same with coax in, HDMI out, and power cord. 

The current p256 FiOS remote also works with the new FiOS TV One boxes so you probably won’t need to reprogram your Harmony remote. 

View solution in original post

Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes. The connections will be the same with coax in, HDMI out, and power cord. 

The current p256 FiOS remote also works with the new FiOS TV One boxes so you probably won’t need to reprogram your Harmony remote. 

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm using a Harmony remote that is programmed for the 7100 boxes and everything is fine. The advantage of using the Harmony is you have functions not available on the new voice remote like aspect ratio. The main advantage of the new Fios One remote is the bluetooth connection doesn't need line of sight to work.

Maria-M
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you, and as you said everything is fine.  We installed Fios One TV and it went well.  Our Harmony One remote worked and got all the devices responding.  Hope this continues. Again, thank you.

Struzzman
Enthusiast - Level 1

Do you still need to use the ir emitters on the fios one  ,the receiver, in my case the Onkyo Tx-nr609  ?

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

The new voice remote is Bluetooth ONLY for the Fios One, no other devices. It is IR for ALL other devices so if you do not have line of sight for your other devices you'll probably need IR emitters.

Struzzman
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you . Haven't set it up yet but I wanted to make sure that I  would still be using my Harmony One remote to control everything. 

Is that correct  ?

Thank you again  !

0 Likes