FIOS TV Remote Access and MyTV..... NO RECORD!!!! :O/
infinitempg
Enthusiast - Level 3

About a month ago I heard about FIOS TV Remote web access so I poked around and found the MyTV site.  I logged in and I could see my set top boxes and see the recording time used and everything.  I also poked around the TV listings and set a couple programs to record and it worked great!  Really loved it.  Used it on and off for the next several days.  Then one day I set a program to record, wend to record a second one and when I expanded the TV listing there was NO RECORD BUTTON. I had the little X in the upper right corner but there was no RECORD button displaying.  Tried it from my home PC directly on the same router, on my work PC and on a few other PCs at different people's homes, same thing, no RECORD button. Then the nightmare began.

I contacted Verzon and went thru everything imaginable from Verizon resetting my settop box remotely, to me going home and powering down the router, theDVR box, disconnecting things, everything.  Still no RECORD button.  Had that ticket closed by Verizon when were were out of town (we didn't return their call when they said everything was fixed so they closed the ticket but nothing was fixed) so we got to start all over.  This second time around and many hours on the phone with tech support people, still nothing.  So Verizon finally sent me out a new DVR which I swapped out.  Then next, TAH-DAH!!!!  there was the RECORD button back!  Woo-woo..... BUT, a couple days later it was gone again.  Went thru resetting everything and restarting everything but still nothing.  And to this day I still get NO RECORD BUTTON.

Totally frustrated with Verizon support as if I got paid minimum wage for sitting on the phone with tech support I'd of already bought a new TV.  I was told to send an email which I did and heard nothing.  I have been online tech support, phone tech support, email tech support and still I have NO RECORD BUTTON.

Other then spending another couple dozen hours is there any help out there or does anyone else have this problem????

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: FIOS TV Remote Access and MyTV..... NO RECORD!!!! :O/
infinitempg
Enthusiast - Level 3

MEGA KUDOS TO VERIZON SUPPORT (especially Eric Smith and the rest who helped).  Turns out I was going to the Verizon.com website, logging in and then going to the FIOS TV page.  What I should of been doing was going to :

https://www36.verizon.com/fiostv/web/signin.aspx

and signing in and then going to the TV listings.  Seems the site only keeps you partially logged in when you go from Verizon.com's webpage to the FIOS TV webpage and that's where the problem is.  Still not really a clean path from the main Verizon.com webpage to get to control your DVR remotely but seems that logging in to the correct Verizon site (URL above) and doing the DVR commands works every time.  So it WORKS finally and have some new bookmarks set to be sure I go to the correct link.  Verizon still needs to make the linking from the main Verizon.net or Verizon.com sites to the FIOS TV site a lot cleaner.

And as soon as they MAKE THE REMOTE DVR WORK WITH THE LG DARE then I won't even mess with the website on my PC anymore!  (was that subliminal enough?)  Smiley Happy 

THANKS!!!

View solution in original post

infinitempg
Enthusiast - Level 3

Since I have received no replies to my Verizon MyTV FIOS problem I went out today and got into the support site from Verizon and managed to reset all my set top boxes remotely.  I managed to do this successfully and it did NOT resolve my problem.... still no RECORD button.  Since this did not reolve my problem, at the bottom of the page at :

https://www22.verizon.com/foryourhome/fttprepair/nr/erpr/VideoTroubleShooting.aspx

I could answer NO and then leave a 512 character message to Verizon support, I typed :

Trying to use MyTV online and it used to work fine but I now get no RECORD button on the program listings on the online website.  I cannot record anything via the internet. Have spend untold hours with Verizon support, even had my DVR changed with a new one, reset everything, unplugged and re-plugged everything, did everything and still no RECORD button!!!!  Had several tickets opened and closed by Verizon and the problem IS NOT FIXED.  Can see DVR, see recorded space used, but no RECORD button!

When I hit NEXT it sat doing nothing for several minutes and then gave me the message :

Gateway Timeout
The proxy server did not receive a timely response from the upstream server.
Reference #1.ceea8acf.1238182536.9b84b7f

I went BACK and saw the little feedback window on the side so I tried to send a message stating that I couldn't send a message and when i tried that I got the same Gateway Timeout message.  So it appears Verizon support website needs tech support.

Meanwhile, I still sit here with no RECORD button.

0 Likes
infinitempg
Enthusiast - Level 3

TEXT CONVERSATION FROM VERIZON TECH SUPPORT ONLINE

Scott Veix: Yes. Everything works except now I do not get a RECORD button when I look at show details so I can't set any shows to be records remotely
Scott Veix: http://www36.verizon.com/fiostv/MyAccount/members/TVListings.aspx
Michael: Okay...this ticket is still open and it looks like they are still researching the problem...
Scott Veix: Was working and used it several times. Then went to it last week and no RECORD button. Have had Verizon reset my box remotely, have gone home and power cycled my DVR and my router several times.
Michael: Do you have multiple computers?
Scott Veix: At home or multiple computers to try recording from?
Michael: Anywhere, do you have a different computer you can try from?
Michael: Work or something?
Scott Veix: I have one computer at home and have tried recording from it, from my work PC and from my girlfriend's PC at her home. All do the same thing, nop RECORD button
Scott Veix: Was working from my work PC and my home PC but now no RECORD button on any PC
Michael: So the record button is gone from the website...
Scott Veix: Tried from my girlfriend's PC and still get the same thing
Scott Veix: Yes, when you look at a show's details, there used to be a red RECRD button just to the left of the gray box and blue X to close the window. Now there's nothing
Michael: Okay...one moment...
Scott Veix: This is what it looks like http://mysite.verizon.net/res02mt8/fios111.jpg
Scott Veix: No RECORD button
Michael: Okay, I'll add that to the ticket, and see if they can get with the IT group that manages that site, perhaps they're not aware there is a problem...
Michael: We know its the site, because you're getting the same thing in multiple locations.
Michael: Any other questions I can answer for you right now?
Scott Veix: It was working and I'd used it several times and it worked well, then last week I went to set something up to record and couldn't get any RECORD button to show up and had to drive home to do it.
Scott Veix: Any chances that more then the 3 LG phones will be capable of doing the remote media control soon?
Scott Veix: I am up for Renew Every 2 and was looking at the LG Dare but that's not on the list of approved devices
Scott Veix: There are only 3 phones out of the hundreds Verizon offers that you can supposedly do that on
Michael: Not sure on that, that would be the wireless division...
Scott Veix: Hate to think I can't get remote media to work on the latest and greatest phone, I need to get an older model
Scott Veix: Is there a ticket number I can reference to get back to info on my DVR problem or just get it thru my account phone #?
Michael: FLCP04RU9U
Scott Veix: Thanks! Are you tech support for just FIOS TV?
Scott Veix: I do have a home phone question
Michael: All three
Scott Veix: Good! My home phone # is unlisted, what do I need to do to get my number changed?
Michael: You would need to speak with the billing/orders department for that issue.
Scott Veix: Just getting junk calls as my number got out somehow
Scott Veix: Okay.... I'll give them a call
Scott Veix: Thanks

0 Likes
infinitempg
Enthusiast - Level 3

Image of what I see (or more what I DON'T see) when I am online trying to record a show remotely :

SCreen Shot of MyTV

As you can see, to the left of the little box with the X there is no RECORD button.  There used to be!!!!!

0 Likes
DzWR
Contributor - Level 1
Kind of curious -- if you go into your menu then settings is the remote dvr option listed?  If it is try it again on the website.
0 Likes
infinitempg
Enthusiast - Level 3

Been on the settings page, disabled remote access, re-enabled it, one time I got the RECORD button after doing that, but by the next day it was gone again.  Did it again and then it wouldn't come back at all.  Lately it's just gone and nothing I do brings it back and Verizon just tosses me around from department to department wasting hours upon hours saying the same story over and over and it's still broken (for about 2 months now).  In fact I had to talk them into sending me a new DVR and after I installed it, the RECORD button was back.... for a couple days.  Then it was gone again.  Have reset my router, powered things down completely, done everything imaginable.... and still have no RECORD button.  

Can you tell I'm a tad frustrated?   

0 Likes
stoliv
Enthusiast - Level 1

Out of cuiousity, have you tried a different web browser?

-stoli- 

0 Likes
DzWR
Contributor - Level 1
I was asking does the option appear in your settings on your cable box by going -menu=>settings.  Does the option appear in there?  It should only appear if the box setup correctly for it.  When is the last time you gave it a shot?
0 Likes
infinitempg
Enthusiast - Level 3

Checked it about.... 90 seconds ago. 

Menu - Settings - FiOS TV Remote DVR - Web Access - ENABLED

Still no RECORD button

0 Likes
DzWR
Contributor - Level 1
Ever try to hard reset the router by holding in the button (the one in the small hole) on the back of the router itself for about 15 seconds?
Message Edited by DzWR on 03-27-2009 04:22 PM
0 Likes