Re: FIOS TV Remote Access and MyTV..... NO RECORD!!!! :O/
infinitempg
Enthusiast - Level 3
First I heard of a reset button on the router, but since I am a die-hard Tarheel fan, the NCAA tourny is on TV and Carolina plays soon, I'll be trying that tomorrow, not tonight.  I have powered it off for an hour, but if the reset does more I'm more then willing to try it.
0 Likes
DzWR
Contributor - Level 1
Yeah the reset is much better than power cycling.  I'm going to be out of town till Monday but let me know if it works tomorrow.
0 Likes
infinitempg
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'll try it and post what happens tomorrow.  If running around the house swinging a dead chicken over my head worked I'd do it.

Thanks

0 Likes
infinitempg
Enthusiast - Level 3

Got a break today and did the reset on the router, waited a few minutes and then tried the web access.  When I went to look at my settop box I got the message that it couldn't access my box :

Cannot access box

And have no clue why my box is now called SELFINSTALL rather then the box number it used to be called.  So I turned off the web access from the box menu, the enabled it and same thing.  Still could access box.  Then powered it off, left it off for a few minutes, powered it back on, checked web access and was still enabled, tried again and still couldn't access box.  Shut down IE restarted, logged back in, still could access. Then a few minutes later, refreshed the screen and poof, it could read my box status :

Could access box

So now that it could access the box, I went to the listings, picked a show, and still no RECORD button :

No RECORD button

Now I did all that, and still exactly where I was a couple months ago... no RECORD button so I can't set my set top box to record anything via the web.  And I have tried this from my home PC (on the same router), my work PC, my girlfriend's PC in another city, exchanged my DVR and still, no RECORD button.

0 Likes
infinitempg
Enthusiast - Level 3
Didn't proof read my message, after the first screen shot I put "still could access the box" a couple times but meant "still couldn't access the box".... busy day and typing too fast.
0 Likes
infinitempg
Enthusiast - Level 3

Updated this that nothing had changed a week ago.  No reply here so I broke down (again) and called tech support.  After a 30 minute chat I was told there is a "special tech support group for Mobile DVR" and they were passing this up to them.  Was also told that the last time something was sent to this "special group" they resolved the problem in one day.  It's been four days now, no resolution, no calls, no emails... and it still doesn't work.  Smiley Sad

0 Likes
infinitempg
Enthusiast - Level 3
UPDATE 4/13/2009 - Someone from Verizon attempted to call me several times, saying they would call back some other time but left no callback number.  Finally Saturday 4/11, was finally able to hook up with them.  Explained situation and they were going to try some things.  They were using my mail Verizon username to log in and altering the PW but as I found out last night, that is also my username/PW for FTP access so I had to change it back.  No word so far but at least someone is working on it (I hope).
0 Likes
infinitempg
Enthusiast - Level 3
.... and just tried online and still NO record button....  :smileymad:
0 Likes
infinitempg
Enthusiast - Level 3

MEGA KUDOS TO VERIZON SUPPORT (especially Eric Smith and the rest who helped).  Turns out I was going to the Verizon.com website, logging in and then going to the FIOS TV page.  What I should of been doing was going to :

https://www36.verizon.com/fiostv/web/signin.aspx

and signing in and then going to the TV listings.  Seems the site only keeps you partially logged in when you go from Verizon.com's webpage to the FIOS TV webpage and that's where the problem is.  Still not really a clean path from the main Verizon.com webpage to get to control your DVR remotely but seems that logging in to the correct Verizon site (URL above) and doing the DVR commands works every time.  So it WORKS finally and have some new bookmarks set to be sure I go to the correct link.  Verizon still needs to make the linking from the main Verizon.net or Verizon.com sites to the FIOS TV site a lot cleaner.

And as soon as they MAKE THE REMOTE DVR WORK WITH THE LG DARE then I won't even mess with the website on my PC anymore!  (was that subliminal enough?)  Smiley Happy 

THANKS!!!

Rob_P_
I have the same problem but this did not work for me.
0 Likes