FIOS TV Router, no Internet light
bigwetdog
Our Internet went down, and there's no more "program info available" on the TV guide. The light for Wireless is out, and stopped working, plus a direct connection from computer to router won't work either. Any ideas, anyone? Thanks.
0 Likes
Re: FIOS TV Router, no Internet light
Justin46
Legend

If you have not already done so, I suggest you pull the power plug on the router, wait 10-15 seconds, plug it back in, and see if anything now works. 

If you still have problems, connect a PC to the router using an ethernet cable, open your browser, and enter the IP address of the router, by default it should be 192.169.1.1. If you see the login page from the router, at least the router isn't completely dead. So then you need to log into the router, hopefully you know the login info - by default it is admin and password (lower case), but your installer may have changed it; if so it is usually admin and password1. Once you get into the router you should see an overview of the status of the router and your network, perhaps from that you can figure out the problem and fix it.

Next, if the above doesn't help, I suggest you press the reset button on the router, hold it in for maybe 10 seconds, to set the router back to the initial defaults, and try again.

After that, if no success, I can only suggest you contact the FiOS FSC at 1-888-553-1555; some people complain about about the support they get, by in my 3+ years with FiOS I have had good luck calling the support people.

Good luck, hope this helps a little.

Keller, TX

0 Likes
Provider7
Contributor - Level 3

Try what Justin said first.

A couple of questions, lights...Is your moca light is lit (or wan if your using ehternet to feed your router)?  If there is no light there check the wiring to the router

Next if your internet light is amber...call the Fsc and ask them to "release the dhcp" on your router.  It could be locked up.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

I just happened to look at my previous post, and realized that I made a mistake with the IP address for the router, it should be 192.168.1.1. Unfortunately I can no longer edit that post and make the correction there.

Sorry for the error.

Keller, TX

0 Likes