FIOS TV STB HI-Def DVR/STB
fjacksonjr
Enthusiast - Level 2

I installed the HI-Def  DVR/STB recently on my Samsung HDTV and all seems to be working fine except one thing that occurs when adjusting the volume using the Remote.  When raising or lowering the volume it changes in steps rather than smoothly ( hard to explain ). But I must continuously keep pressing and releasing the control to go either way. Each time it changes by 1 step.  I know it isn't the TV as when using the control that came with the TV it operates smoothly.  Does anyone have any idea what I can do to correct this. All other functions ( mute, etc) work properly. Thanks for any assistance.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: FIOS TV STB HI-Def DVR/STB
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

Use the next code in the remote control for the Samsung TV.  I had the same problem and when I chose the next code the volume will adjust up and down when you hold the volume key.

Jim

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

When you use the Volume keys on the remote, which volume setting is being controlled, the TV or the STB? You should be able to tell by some kind of visible representation of the volume setting on the screen, and the two will be different and I presume you would recognize the TV one. Whichever one is being controlled by the remote, you can change to the other in the Menu:

Menu ==> Settings ==> Audio ==>Volume Control ==> Fixed or Variable

When set to Fixed, the remote controls your TV volume setting (this is the way I have mine set). If you set it this way you probably want to set the Set-Top Volume to the maximum value.

When set to Variable, the remote controls the volume using the STB, and then you probably want the TV volume turned up pretty high.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

Use the next code in the remote control for the Samsung TV.  I had the same problem and when I chose the next code the volume will adjust up and down when you hold the volume key.

Jim

0 Likes
fjacksonjr
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks guys for your replies to my post. I checked first and I was already on "fixed", however Jims suggestion did the trick. . Found another 4 digit code for my Samsung and after that my volume control worked smooth.  It's great to have some place like these Forums where you are almost assured of getting help from people who have been there before.  Thanks again

You know they ask you to advise when the problem is solved. so it can be marked.  How do I do this?

Jack

0 Likes
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

Next to the reply should be accept solution.  Of course you should log on first to the forums and then the option should be there.

0 Likes