FIOS TV Self Install
Nova11

Hello--

I currently have FIOS Internet/Phone and Direct TV.  I ordered FIOS TV and have received the install kit.  A couple questions:

1.  My "install date" is Jan 8th.  Do I need to wait until that date for the install or can I do it sooner if I have received the equipment?

2.  I'd like to verify that I'm going to be able to do this install by simply disconnecting the two Direct TV STBs and replacing them with the FIOS STBs. I assume I'll also have to disconnect the Direct TV home adaptor (which is plugged into my FIOS router and runs a coax cable to a  two way splitter.  

PB

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: FIOS TV Self Install
Seeker1437
Community Leader
Community Leader

If it is new service, your order is a self install, and you start date is Jan 8th, once you get the equipment hooked up, you can call into Tech Support and they might be able to help with getting everything turned on.

View solution in original post

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you have the equipment, give it a try.

How are you getting Internt today? Coax or Ethernet?

If ethernet, you will need to run a coax from ONT to splitter that conencts to router as well as runs to each STB.

Seeker1437
Community Leader
Community Leader

If it is new service, your order is a self install, and you start date is Jan 8th, once you get the equipment hooked up, you can call into Tech Support and they might be able to help with getting everything turned on.