Re: Mobile TV app for Kindle?
JustGotFiOS
Contributor - Level 2

Got the notification today that FiOS Mobile is now available for the Kindle. The app isntalled quickly and works very well. The picture quality is stunning and there is no stuttering despite pulling everything across wireless.

The number of channels available is nice and matches pretty much what I get on the TV EXCEPT the basic channels such as ABC, NBC, CBS, etc. I'm not sure if that is because they are typically local channels whereas all the other channels broadcast the same programming nationwide, but the only difference are the commercials and the news. I think Verizon should just pick any one affiliate and add that to the online live TV.

One thing that I noticed is that the 'watch on TV' option does not work for me. My guess is that this requires using the wireless from the Verizon router. I use that router only as a bridge because I have better wireless and routing gear. Although, would be nice if it still worked, but even if not it is no big deal.

Still, I think the status for this request can be set to resolved. Next up for Verizon, a PC app (Windows/OS X/Linux) that mimics the features of FiOS Mobile. And please add the standard channels as well. Thanks!!!!

0 Likes
Re: Mobile TV app for Kindle?
PJL
Master - Level 3

@JustGotFiOS wrote:

Got the notification today that FiOS Mobile is now available for the Kindle. The app isntalled quickly and works very well. The picture quality is stunning and there is no stuttering despite pulling everything across wireless.

The number of channels available is nice and matches pretty much what I get on the TV EXCEPT the basic channels such as ABC, NBC, CBS, etc. I'm not sure if that is because they are typically local channels whereas all the other channels broadcast the same programming nationwide, but the only difference are the commercials and the news. I think Verizon should just pick any one affiliate and add that to the online live TV.

One thing that I noticed is that the 'watch on TV' option does not work for me. My guess is that this requires using the wireless from the Verizon router. I use that router only as a bridge because I have better wireless and routing gear. Although, would be nice if it still worked, but even if not it is no big deal.

Still, I think the status for this request can be set to resolved. Next up for Verizon, a PC app (Windows/OS X/Linux) that mimics the features of FiOS Mobile. And please add the standard channels as well. Thanks!!!!

For the "watch on TV" your device must be on the same subnet as the STB since it using the remote control functionality in the app.  Your guess is correct.

0 Likes
Re: FIOS TV app for Kindle Fire HD tablet
clydebryant1

how do i use fios tv on my Kindle

0 Likes
JustGotFiOS
Contributor - Level 2

You go to the Kindle App store and search for "Verizon", then install the free Verizon Mobile app. Once installed enter your Verizon user name and password and start watching TV.

0 Likes
DaggerJoe

No more app for kindle. Verizon said it's not worth supporting!

0 Likes
JustGotFiOS
Contributor - Level 2

That is quite a lame excuse. It's an Android platform on very controlled hardware. I have moved on anyway to YouTube TV. As good as FiOS TV and a heckuva lot cheaper...and runs on Kindle.

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!

0 Likes