12-19-2012 08:57 AM - edited 12-19-2012 09:00 AM
I have been having this problem for months and the only thing VZ tech support has done is send me a new STB each time and the problem still remains.
I have a STB+DVR in our family room which works fine. I have a second STB with my home theater system which is having this issue (this is just an STB and not a DVR).
Connections for this second STB:
1. This STB Coax out is connected to an old analog TV. This works fine, no issues.
2. The HDMI out goes to my LG DVD player **bleep** home theater system HDMI in. This is where the problem is.
When I watch any FIOS program whether live or recorded on the main DVR, the video signal is fine but the audio has static and is raspy. I have done multiple reboots on the multiple STBs Verizon has sent me and hasnt solved the problem. I can watch DVDs, Netflix, Roku apps on this home theater system through HDMI and they have crystal clear audio, no issues. So I know the problem has to be with the Verizon STB.
Settings and things I have tried:
1. Dynamic range = none
2. Audio = surround (have tried the others mono and stereo also)
3. Volume = fixed, variable etc no impact
4. The HDMI cables are high quality with gold connectors. I have tried multiple cables, static remains.
5. I placed the STB box on an old wooden cutting board to ensure there is no other metal contact that might lead to static
6. I connected the STB audio out components (red and white) to the audio in on my home theater system and the audio was perfect
Any suggestions? It is really irritating to watch programs with audio static. There is no source of electromagnetic radiation in the vicinity other than normal ambient.
Did you ever fix this issue? I am having same problem and it's driving me crazy. I don't want to waste time with Verizon tech support. Thank you.
As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.