FIOS TV coax brings AM radio to telephone line
ForeverFixin
Enthusiast - Level 1

I converted Phone and internet service to FiOS last spring.  Last month I added FiOS TV  and Verizon pulled in an additional 30 feet of coax in to deliver.  Within 24 hours I had an AM radio station constantly playing on all of my phones.  I've run the gamut on testing and followed all of the suggestions to no avail.  The last option is to find an in-line RF filter for coax to see if that will clear it up.  Can anyone suggest a quality filter or any other bright idea to help resolve this problem?  Thx!

0 Likes
Re: FIOS TV coax brings AM radio to telephone line
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

if you have an AM radio on the phone and you have fios. The reason is almost certainly a problem with the ground on the ONT. Likely when they were installing the TV service and were working with the ONT, they probably knocked the ground loose or damaged it in someway. just call tech support and they will send somone out to check/replace the ground on the ONT.

0 Likes
Re: FIOS TV coax brings AM radio to telephone line
tjcdsc

To spacedebris:

I started having the same problem with hearing a very loud radio station on my phone shortly after I converted my phone service to FIOS.  I will check the ground on the ONT as soon as possible.  I am curious about one thing though.  Why do you think the radio station is very loud during the day and I cannot hear it at all in the evening?  Weird, huh?

Thanks so much for your post about checking the ground on the ONT.  I hope that fixes my problem, too.

0 Likes