FIOS TV hasn't worked right since '"upgrade", customer service hasn't been very helpful to date
gils0n

A few weeks ago we were pitched a holiday deal to renew/upgrade for 2 years. This sounded like good value (upgraded equipment, new premium channels, etc), so we went for it. Unfortunately, we've had nothing but issues since.

The main room STB (server) frequently gets an error message (Your STP has encountered an error and must reboot). Sometimes you can exit this and live TV will skip a bit but resume, other times the box reboots on its own. Unfortunately, whatever is causing this error renders On Demand completely useless. Any program started simply crashes with the same error message within the first 3 or 4 minutes. I've tried multiple hard resets of both the box and the router to no avail. The "client" box in the bedroom suffers from channel stuttering and artifacting due to the fact that the server is acting up.

The first outreach to Verizon CS was via chat message and was very brief. There was a few minutes of basic troubleshooting (did you reboot the box? did you reboot the router? is it plugged in? etc) and the support rep stating they were sending me new STBs. A few days later, I received the new boxes and swapped them in. The error still occurred. My second outreach to Verizon CS was via a phone call and lasted two hours with the rep and I trying various things. We tried re-activating the boxes, he tried manually activating the server, etc, so after two hours we scheduled an appointment with a technician to come out to the house. First available appointment was unfortunately 10 days later (12/23). 

Technician comes to the house on 12/23 and tries various things over the course of an hour. He checked the service box outside to make sure a good signal was coming into the house, everything okay there. He checked the signal at the STB and that looked fine as well. He ran some other tests but couldn't figure out the issue. As a last ditch effort, he tried replacing the router and the problem was solved. On Demand working fine, bedroom box is fine, etc. Everything was great for about a week until the problem returned.

Third outreach to Verizon CS was a couple of days again on chat. I explained that the issue was provided a few weeks earlier and the rep told me that they could check the history on the account. I was then asked to explain the entire issue again which I did. I also mentioned that I was looking for a credit on my bill. The rep then immediately transferred me to billing to get the credit handled before I could respond. I again had to explain the issue to a billing rep and the credit was processed. I was told that I would be transferred back to support (where I undoubtedly would need to explain the issue a third time) and when I was transferred, nobody picked up. After waiting 30 minutes, I re-initiated the chat and explained my issue for a third time. As this point, all I wanted was a new router since this seemed to fix the issue last time. The rep wanted to troubleshoot the issue but I wasn't home at the time. I explained that I was fed up, had already spent two hours on the phone didn't want to spend any more time on the phone and asked that a new router just be sent. The rep refused this without troubleshooting and scheduled a call for 5pm later the same day.

This was this past Wednesday. I never got the call. I'm still having the issue.

I left Comcast for Verizon two years ago and it has been great. Until this upgrade happened. Paying more money for broken service is pretty demoralizing. And the seeming lack of care from Verizon CS is also pretty disappointing.

If anyone has any ideas as to what the problem might be, I'm open to them.

Oh and apologies for being so ornery to the last Verizon CS rep I spoke to on chat. I understand the issue is not your fault (I've worked in CS for 11 years), I am just really frustrated at this point.

0 Likes
Re: FIOS TV hasn't worked right since '"upgrade", customer service hasn't been very helpfu
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes