FIOS TV intermittently stops and starts. (hangs)
rcarbis

Since installation two months ago, experiencing intermittent hangs.  Box also hangs up solid, sometimes when changing channels, and has to be reset.  Signal strength is 23 db.  Have to reset the box about once a week.  Have used the reset feature on My Verizon also, but problem remains.  Never had a problem with previous supplier.  Very disappointed with FIOS right now.  Any help would be appreciated.

0 Likes
Re: FIOS TV intermittently stops and starts. (hangs)
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Sorryy for the trouble with your TV. We can definitely help you out. So we can get more information from you, I have copied your post to our private support board. Please refer all correspondences to there from here on out. You can easily get to the private support one of two ways. In the email you signed up for the forums with, you will receive a link to click on. Make sure you are already signed into the forums before clicking on this link. Another way of getting there is by clicking on your username anywhere you see it in the forums. This brings you to your account profile. Scroll down to the section labeled "My Support Cases" . In there you will see the link to your case.

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Glad to hear that the new box fixed the problem. If you ever need assistance please don't hesitate to make a post. We are always more than glad to assist. 

0 Likes
Halberstam

I have to agree 100% with your posting.  I have had the service since October 8th and i have had nothing but problems, firstly HD channels not working in certain rooms, regular pixelation, screen freezes, the signal getting hung up, set top box randomly resetting itself, the full gammett of the worst of digital TV.  It really is a great dissapointment to me.  I had Direct TV for 7 years without a single problem, and my family wanted to keep it, but i wanted a better high speed internet and was talked into getting the TV package as well, which is becoming the worst decision i have made.  I regret the day i ever signed up for this, even time warner looks a better option.

0 Likes
wraujr1
Contributor - Level 1

Have you tried a different set top box (STB) like the original poster did as this solved his problem??

What have you done to try and fix your problem?

Have you scheduled a technician to come to your house and check things out??

We can't offer suggestions without some details.

0 Likes
Re: FIOS Phone and TV intermittently stops and starts. (hangs)
TechnoFry

I am extremely disappointed with FiOS. I cannot even have a normal conversation on my house phone because it keeps cutting off. It is intermittent while talking to someone, the sound is choppy and it comes and goes. I cannot even make out what the other person is saying. I even went out and purchased a new phone system, and it still doing the same thing. It started with my phone, now it has moved on to my TV where even my DVR recorded programs are messed up. I need help from a real Verizon technician. I contacted Verizon and they were not much help and merely speculating that my Modem was too close to my cordless phone. Nothing worked. Now, why is my TV doing the same thing? I am one phone call away from cancelling my service and moving on to a different provider. Please, advice as to what is Verizon intending to do to resolve this problem? 

0 Likes
gackdeux1

Moving a problem to a private board is contrary to the entire purpose of a Forum. IF Verizon is so ashamed of their equipment and their support they want to hide it then why not just shutdown the forum?

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over seven years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes