Re: FIOS TV is giving off a loud beep between programs and commercials
Vumes
Enthusiast - Level 3

@KaLin wrote:

I apologize, but unfortunately we cannot answer that question. A forum moderator’s job is to maintain the forum itself, so we are typically unable to access accounts or provide support information on an individual basis.  This is a user helping other user forum.  While there are some Verizon employees that occasionally post on the boards, this particular issue may not be in their realm of expertise.

In other words, no one knows why the problem occurs, and they will not be fixing it anytime soon. And the problem continues.....
0 Likes
Re: FIOS TV is giving off a loud beep between programs and commericals
twisterdavemd

This may be a user forum, however, this is the only place that I've found that the problem isn't just in my head.  The technicans that I've spoken to over the phone have no clue as to what this problem is, even when I reproduced the sound for them from a saved program on my DVR.

Instead of the standard corporate line, why doesn't Verizon at the very least acknowledge that this is an issue, and it's under review?  That's the definition of customer service, and as usual, it's fallen way short of the mark.

In the meantime, I fully intend on broadcasting this issue outside of Verizon-controlled channels, and as a Senior IT engineer for a Fortune 25 company, it will carry significant weight.

0 Likes
VZ_JoeD
Contributor - Level 1
This is a known issue and Verizon is working dilegently to resolve the problem. As soon as we have a resolution or an update for you we will update this thread accordingly.
BDC

I have been having with my fair share of beeps also and contacted tech support about a month ago. They did a reset of my box and told me if I had any more problems to call back. Of course, the beeps started within the hour, but I've been too lazy to do anything about it, until tonight.

I have not seen a relation between stereo and 5.1 like most people have been suggesting.

This problem is only noticable on my HD-DVR with audio running into my SONY receiver. The digital receiver upstairs is connected via RCA cables and have never heard any beeps.   

Most of the beeps occur after a fios on demand promo commercial, but have had beeps after dodge, ford and other various commercials.

I called tonight and after being on hold (a total of 41:38!!) after a remote reset, I got a beep and got the ok to get a replacement box.

This is the outgoing equipment

Motorola QIP 6416-2

Release 1.6.2

Build 8.58

I'll post after the new box to let everyone know what happens.

0 Likes
martinW

Several weeks here also..Ok everyone talk about Sony revievers,, i have an Onkyo and have the same problem.  also have DVR box. Seems to happen when commercials go between local and national commercials, might be 2 channel to 5.1 signals.

it is very annoying!!!!

0 Likes
pearlste

I have the same problem, for many weeks.  Onkyo receiver, connected via optical SPDIF cable.  Not only is the beep annoying, but I always seem to get the blame for any technical problems in the house 🙂

Also, while I'm on the soapbox the Verizon set of web sites are pathetic!  The response time is terrible and there are tons of technical difficulties.  Just now it would not allow me register for the forums because I already had used my EMAIL address for my other online accounts.  I had to use an alternate EMAIL address to log in.  If Comcast were not equally pathetic (and their Internet service is worse) I'd be back there already.

0 Likes
pearlste

Phone support was very accommodating and sent out a new box immediately.  Unfortunately the problem has not improved one iota!  What's up with that?

0 Likes
holmesm11

I have the same problem with all Samsung equipment.  I believe it is that horrible Motorola HD DVR box.  The technician had to install an optical audio cable to get the sound to work at all.  I had everything installed with HDMI and Cox Cable without any problems, although it was not a DVR.  At this point I can't wait for my contract period to be over so I can go back to Cox.

0 Likes
Ben68

The beeping does not originate from any of the STBs or even the HD-DVR.  I've isolated it to where the telco plugs in.  It says telco equipment do not touch.  Don't know what that's for but I know it's Verizon equipment.  Commercials have nothing to do with the beeping.  Totally random.

0 Likes
dandavis1976

Might as well give this thread a little bump...

Same problem...

Sony Receiver (STR-DE895)

Motorola Box (QIP-6416-2)

5.1 ---> 2 channel audio switch = loud shriek.

Drives my wife crazy... we're seriously considering dropping FiOS after our contract period is over.

0 Likes