FIOS TV tech help left us high and dry
OneWO

Since July 20, we have  had no TV cable service on our main TV, which governs recordings on our bedroom DVR box.  Our first call to customer service resulted in the conclusion by  the tech person that we needed a different cable. This was despite logical doubt by my son, who was handling the matter (he's much more tech savvy than we are) that it was the box, not the cable.  A couple days later the cable arrived and did not solve the problem.  After another lengthy phone call, another tech person agreed that the cable shouldn't have been sent. A new box arrived. Still didn't solve the problem.  At that point, after way too much time talking to CS people, our son made a strong request to have a technician come to the house.  He pointed out that when we were withanother providert, we always had a real person show up within a day or two. 

The tech person arrived much earlier than requested.  He clearly new very little and just kept repeating that the remote controller SHOULD be able to connect to the TV (now neither the remote nor the LG controller works with the TV). He left without resolving the problem.  I would be curious to know how he described the visit and the lack of solution of the problem. The upstairs TV used to have my recorded programs, but now it does not.  We missed the Olympics opening ceremony because we were out that evening and couldn't record it.  We are also missing many other programs.

Hoping to have our main TV restored so the remote works with it and we can receive the full services we are paying for.

0 Likes
Status changed to: Resolved
TonyaD_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

We sent you a message on our private support board to assist you and we did not receive a response. Please repost the issue if you are still experiencing a problem so that we may assist you. Tonya C.

0 Likes