FIOS Video on Demand Website---why is it so user unfriendly.
Jon777
Enthusiast - Level 1

I find it extremely awkward to browse for videos on demand with my set top box. I tried browsing on the Verizon Fios website and it is an awful customer experience.  What is particularly annoying is that if I want to find out about a film, I have to click on it and then it loses track of all filters and sorting information that I had set. If I try to right click on the image of the film or the title, it will not let me open in a new window or tab.  This means that when I hit the "back" button to continue browsing I have to reset all of my filters and preferences.

This site is also very confusing to navigate and find all available films or all new releases, not just the ones available for flexview.

Verizon has to be able to do better than this.

0 Likes
Re: FIOS Video on Demand Website---why is it so user unfriendly.
22Becca22
Contributor - Level 3

@Jon wrote:

I find it extremely awkward to browse for videos on demand with my set top box. I tried browsing on the Verizon Fios website and it is an awful customer experience.  What is particularly annoying is that if I want to find out about a film, I have to click on it and then it loses track of all filters and sorting information that I had set. If I try to right click on the image of the film or the title, it will not let me open in a new window or tab.  This means that when I hit the "back" button to continue browsing I have to reset all of my filters and preferences.

This site is also very confusing to navigate and find all available films or all new releases, not just the ones available for flexview.

Verizon has to be able to do better than this.

Sorry to hear that you are having trouble with Video on Demand.

Can you try to see if you can follow these steps and if they make things any easier for you on the FiOS TV side?

From your FiOS TV remote, 

click on the star (On Demand) button above FiOS TV.

Go to Movies -- By Title -- All  (you may need to scroll down and over to get to these choices).

Scroll right to a particular section (A - F, for example).

Scroll right to browse through the listing of movies from A to F.

When you select a film that is of interest to you, click on 'OK'.

Click on 'Add Bookmark'.  This bookmarks the movie and saves it for later browsing/viewing.

Exit out of On Demand by clicking 'Exit'.

Go back to 'On Demand'.

Scroll down to 'My Library' -- 'My Bookmarks'.

On the right hand pane you should see the movies you bookmarked.  You can then scroll to select it and rent the movie whenever you decide to do so. You can also remove the bookmark.

This saves you some time browsing through the movie list once more, and you can have a goto set of movies on a particular night you've scheduled a sleepover party, or when relatives are visiting.   

The Bookmarks can also be added for TV Shows.  After selecting a Network Name or TV Show name, click on Options to Add a Bookmark.   This way, you can easily get to recent and previous episodes of your favourite shows.

By the way, when you are in the movie pane listing (where the movie images are displayed), you can click on options to Filter the movies by 'HD', 'Free', etc.  

Hope this helps!

0 Likes