FIOS Wired Connections
enigma1944

I currently have a 36" LCD HDTV connected thru a Brighthouse cable TV box with the colored wires red,white,blue,green and yellow.

Next month I will be changing to Verizon FIOS TV with a new TV which is a Toshiba 55" model 55zv650u.

Do I need to purchase new cables for this transition or will the cables I currently use function with this new TV and FIOS.

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: FIOS Wired Connections
Hubrisnxs
Legend

those are high definition cables that will work with FiOS and are one of the options you have for connecting the service.     You will not need to purchase additional cables,   often times the fios installer will have other cables that if appropriate will provide you.

you should be in great shape, the red blue gree/red white will work fine with fios stb's (set top boxes)

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

those are high definition cables that will work with FiOS and are one of the options you have for connecting the service.     You will not need to purchase additional cables,   often times the fios installer will have other cables that if appropriate will provide you.

you should be in great shape, the red blue gree/red white will work fine with fios stb's (set top boxes)

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

Those are component cables, they will work just fine. But you may want to consider changing to HDMI, many people, including me,  think the picture is somewhat better using that interface, and since it is a single cable for picture and sound it is easier to mange the cable. I am pretty sure the Verizon installer will give you an HDMI cable during the install if you ask. It can't hurt to have the HDMI cable, even if you eventually decide to stay with the component connection.

I have been using HDMI for my Sony TV for 4 plus years with Verizon FiOS, never a problem with it. But some people do have trouble when they use HDMI connections - my suggestion is to try it and see, if it doesn't work then use the component cables.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
enigma1944

Thanks for your answers

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

np and welcome aboard! 

0 Likes