FIOS and ALL DIGITAL
Techman28
Master - Level 1

Some of you may have noticed a few things on the National Broadcast channels such as NBC ABC and CBS with tests saying if you can see this then your not on Digital.

The entire Verizon Footprint is all Digital please do not allow these commercials to fool you into thinking anything else. Just sit back relax and enjoy your Fios TV services knowing that your all digital and have no worries.

The Bottom line is any customer with Fios will not have a problem regardless of what you see now. 😉

Message Edited by Kathleen on 12-22-2008 09:18 AM
0 Likes
Re: FIOS and ALL DIGITAL
Tested
Enthusiast - Level 3

I beg to differ with you a bit.  These are local stations doing these tests - not the networks.  They are only feeding these messages out over their analog channel.  You may convert that analog channel to digital at your headend, but it's still the programming they are sending out on their analog signal.  If Fios does not get the digital signal from these stations by the time the digital transition happens, then Fios customers watching those channels will see a blank screen. 

Here is the good news: when this test was conducted in the Dallas-Fort Worth area a few weeks ago, I looked and did not see any problem at all.  You guys are getting their digital signals and putting them on both the SD and HD versions of their channels on your system.  That is the way it should be.  I can't speak for how Fios does it in all parts of the country, but it is being done right here in North Texas.