FIOS and ZEE TV DVR issue
JU
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon FIOS recently added Zee TV, Sony Entertainment to the list.

The problem is when we record any ZEE TV serials/programs on DVR (Digital Video Recorder) and then try to watch it, it doesn't allow fast forward or rewind option.

Sony Entertainment channel has no problem.

It is only ZEE TV which has this issue. After long discussion with verizon technical team  they concluded that ZEE TV is sending those program as copyrighted and thus we can not use any DVR functionality.

"Dish Network" provider doesn't have the same issue. It allows to rewind/fast forward programs for ZEE TV. It is only "verizon FIOS" service and "ZEE TV" channel. Verizon's other south asian channels like "Sony" and "TV Asia" are fine and allows rewind/fast forward options.

Is anybody else experiencing this ?

Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: FIOS and ZEE TV DVR issue
JU
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree that there is no evidence of losing customers.

But verizon has done big marketting about these "Indian" channels to targetted audience.

If they come to know about this problem then they won't subscribe.

I have several friends who asked me about switching to verizon from dish and I am holding all of them for this reason.

"Zee TV" is prime channel for all Indian community and price $34.99 per month justifies it.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Techman28
Master - Level 1
I'm verifying this and seeing what we can do for you.
0 Likes
Techman28
Master - Level 1
ok its not a copyright issue if you can record it. This issue is after its recorded it won't FF or RW.....What about other recordings does this happen?
0 Likes
JU
Enthusiast - Level 2

It happens to any and all recorded program for this particular channel (Zee TV).

Rest of all channels are fine with DVR recording as well as live recording (FF, REW, Pause etc). That's the reason I think it is not STB or DVR (hardware) issue.

0 Likes
JU
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have 2 HD DVR at home and both of the boxes experience same problem.

Any recorded programs on ZEE TV is not able to use any DVR functionality.

We used to finish watching 1 hour recorded program just under 20 minutes by skipping most of the ads. Now we have to go through entire 1 hour to watch that recorded program.

It is wasting lot of our time and we are almost on the edge of thinking going back to dish (which has no issue for recording zee tv programs).

Verizon is going to lose lot of customers if this problem doesn't get fix on time.

0 Likes
CapnTrips
Contributor - Level 3
I agree 100% that Verizon should fix your problem, but aren't you getting a little bit emotional about a single channel?  And I would argue that there are no data to bear out your claim that Verizon will lose LOTS of customers over ZEE TV.  I somehow doubt that ZEE TV is the MAIN reason many folks get FIOS (although I do not dispute that it is very important to you.)
0 Likes
JU
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree that there is no evidence of losing customers.

But verizon has done big marketting about these "Indian" channels to targetted audience.

If they come to know about this problem then they won't subscribe.

I have several friends who asked me about switching to verizon from dish and I am holding all of them for this reason.

"Zee TV" is prime channel for all Indian community and price $34.99 per month justifies it.

0 Likes
JU
Enthusiast - Level 2

The issue seems to have resolved now.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Manujaws
What is the solution. I am having the same problem
0 Likes
shahsuni

I am having a similar issue, so what is the solution.

FIOS support has not been able to help me. My DVR used to work before and now it stopped working about a week ago.

0 Likes