FIOS app says connect to home wifi when I am connected??
CMG19
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi I am getting the message connect to your home fios wi fi network for more channels and I see on my ipad and iphone that my wifi is connected - it was fine yesterday so whats up?  I know I'm connected since I can do everythign else but use this stupid app - any ideas how to fix it? or why the app is having issues?  This is the worst app to begin with so this is just adding to my reasons to dump fios.  Any help woudl be appreciated, thanks.

0 Likes
Re: FIOS app says connect to home wifi when I am connected??
JustinG1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Just to confirm, did you go into the settings of your devices and ensure that their wifi is connected to the correct network? Sometimes mobile devices will switch networks (I know in my area comcrap gives out a free "xfinitywifi" SSID that some phones automatically connect to).

If that is the case then try uninstalling the app and re-downloading it.

0 Likes
itstom419
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been wrestling with this issue also.  one day it was working and now I get no subscribed channels.....  very anonoying.

I have deleted the app and reinstalled numerous times.  The frustration is the fact that it worked and now it doesn't on any devise

jonjones1
Legend

@itstom419 wrote:

I have been wrestling with this issue also.  one day it was working and now I get no subscribed channels.....  very anonoying.

I have deleted the app and reinstalled numerous times.  The frustration is the fact that it worked and now it doesn't on any devise

This is regarding tv. However this is a help site for Fios internet. 

I am sure the moderator can transfer this post to the proper area so as to get you a better response rate. I don’t use the app for tv nor use the TV in Fios. Sorry

Good Luck

0 Likes
itstom419
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was referring to watching tv on my iphone and Ipad.  Both Devices use to connect to all my subscribed channels.  One day the mobile fios app worked and the next day it said I should connect to my network

jonjones1
Legend

@itstom419 wrote:

I was referring to watching tv on my iphone and Ipad.  Both Devices use to connect to all my subscribed channels.  One day the mobile fios app worked and the next day it said I should connect to my network

It’s evident the moderator did not place this post in the correct place. So I will take a shot at helping you.

first thing I would do is delete the Fios app. Then restart your Apple devices via hard reset. If using iPad 1-4 or pro ( not the newest one that is out) hold the on/off button on the side while holding down the home key in the center until you see the white Apple logo. Then release both keys. It will reset itself and come back to the opening wallpaper. Then log in and go to the App Store and reload the Fios app.

on your iPhone if using any iPhone from the 6s+,6 or earlier it’s the same way to hard reset the device.

on the new iPhone 8, 8+, or 10 you must first push the down volume button and release it and then push in the volume up button and release it. Then hold in the on/off button on the right side until you see the Apple logo then release it until it boots up to your login screen. If you have an iPhone 7 or 7+ you must hold the down volume button and on/off button until you see the white Apple logo and then release. When it’s done you will be at your logon screen.

then as I said get the Fios app and try to see if that fixed it. Also make sure you updated the iOS 11.0.3 since Fios has updated their app to use it.

you may also unplug your router wait 5 minutes and then see the router is stable and all lights are what they should be then try your devices again.

there is also an option to reset your network on both the iPhone and iPad which you can find the instructions on http://www.apple.com/support 

0 Likes
Ejp5g

Try running the troubleshooting wizard in the Help section of the app. That seemed to reestablish the connection for me on my ipad and iphone

0 Likes
Yaya9

This has been an ongoing problem and I am tired of rebooting my router every time I want to watch something on my iPad. It seems to have to do with the recent version of the Fios TV app. When are they going to fix this issue?

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you reported issue via in app support?

They can review logs and provide assistance.

0 Likes
ScreenName131

Also note that you must grant Verizon permission to spy on your internet activity in order to use this feature.  If you are connected to a VPN because you don't like this, then you will be considered out of home, and must re-enable Verizon's ability to spy on you by disconnecting from your VPN.

0 Likes