Switch Account

FIOS box causing vertical green line?

FIOS box causing vertical green line?

Highlighted
Silver Contributor II
Silver Contributor II
Message 1 of 2
(2,510 Views)

a couple of weeks ago, while watching MNF, my FIOS box spontaneously flickered, shut off, and then turned on again.  the result left a vertical green line in the middle of my tv screen.  the line is visible on all sources (FIOS is connected to TV via HDMI cable).

I have a 37" Vizio HDTV (1080p).

I contacted Vizio, and they could not help me (6 months outside of warranty).

has anyone had any similar issues?  I'm wondering if the box reset caused a surge and fried my tv.

thanks!

You've got to be very careful if you don't know where you're going, because you might not get there. --Yogi Berra
1 REPLY 1
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII
Message 2 of 2
(2,455 Views)

This is something I saw a long time ago, but was corrected with IMG updates.  IIR the "work around" was to go into the internal DVR menu (the hidden one that you access by pressing POWER => SELECT => MENU on the front of the DVR with the TV on).  Then going into the ADDITIONAL HDMI SETTINGS and changing the color space (don't recall which of the 2 choices was the correct choice - trial and error for you at this point).  I doubt it is your TV, but another way to check would be to use component cables (red, blue, green video) and see if the problem still exists.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.