FIOS freezing
candc2
Enthusiast - Level 1

Over the course of the last day, our FIOS HD DVR has been freezing the picture on the TV.  Anyone know why this is happening?

0 Likes
Re: FIOS freezing
Nelssie
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just converted from cable on 12/28/2011 and I am having the same issue.  No freezing on the other boxes, just the HD DVR.  Not only freezing, but I had to reboot about 8-9 times.  This is getting extremely annoying and old.

0 Likes
candc2
Enthusiast - Level 1

Freezes only when watching tv so far...how many people experiencing this I wonder?

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

Where are you all located, and what model of DVR do you have? More information may help.

What img does your DVR have 1.9 10.??

Menu / Settings / System Information. System img, and Build number.

0 Likes
candc2
Enthusiast - Level 1
Spoiler

In virginia, just got fios in last two months, not sure of number u were speaking of, where do i find that?

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

Under the Menu not Guide sorry. Do you have Cisco STBs or Motorola? Please provide the Sysytem Information

Menu / Settings / System Information. System img, and Build number

I have Cisco img 1.9, build 10.40, and have seen similar issues. Was wondering if we are seeing the same issues. I am in MD and we both are out of the same VHO-4 in SilverSpring.

0 Likes
candc2
Enthusiast - Level 1

1.9 12.40

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@CandC wrote:

1.9 12.40

Same version I have. I have heard if you turn the DVR power off and on by the remote it should start working again watching live TV. Bad for when you are watching a recording and must start over with fast forward, but chapters help skip most of the recording, faster than FF. I hope it is fixed soon. I had Motorola for a long time, and Cisco for about a month, and trying it. I like Cisco better. But that is just me. I wanted to Sneak Peek Beta test 1.9 since last year, but was in the wrong area.

We shall see what happens.

PS. Also if your DVR remote batteries get a bit low, replace them. The DVR will start being non responsive. It is difficult to tell how long the batteries that ship have been in the wrappers, and DVR remotes get more use.

Nelssie
Enthusiast - Level 2

Mine is a Motorola release 1.9 with a build of 10.95, Data Object version i 30.95, Platform QIP 7200 P2

Pittsburgh,  Pennsylvania area

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@Nelssie wrote:

Mine is a Motorola release 1.9 with a build of 10.95, Data Onject version i 30.95, Platform QIP 7200 P2

So it does not appear to be a hardware vendor issue. Well that is good to know. Perhaps NY and MA will go straight to 1.9.1 and skip 1.9. Then we will start getting it. Will have to see what happens early in the year.

0 Likes