FIOS is messing with my home theater system
charlieX

FIOS is messing with my home theatre system: since installation, I can’t turn off my home theatre receiver: it goes back on by itself. In addition, my Apple TV box is almost impossible to get working. Verizon tech support wasn’t much help even though the problem is frequent on the internet. I had DirecTv before: no problem. FIOS installed: instant problem. Any suggestions?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: FIOS is messing with my home theater system
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you don't need control of other devces, turn off CEC or device control on your Home theater receiver. Also try unplugging the power on the  FIOS One and plugging it back in.

View solution in original post

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

How are things cabled up?

If HDMI goes from STB to home theater, try disabling TV Input Control

Go to Settings - System - Audio&Video - Tv Input Control.

Set it to disabled

Most cable providers aren't going to be able to help much on issues with specific equipment as there are way too many devices to be knowledgeable on.

charlieX

Home theatre receiver still comes back on by itself when I turn it off, but at least I can get Apple TV to respond to the receiver control now. By the way, this is, and has been, a known issue to Verizon 

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you don't need control of other devces, turn off CEC or device control on your Home theater receiver. Also try unplugging the power on the  FIOS One and plugging it back in.