FIOS remote not controlling soundbar
pcnerd
Contributor - Level 3

I have a Samsung HDTV & a Samsung sound bar with a bluetooth subwoofer.

About a week ago I started having problems with the FIOS remote. I have to repeatedly push the volume button on the remote in order to change the volume on the soundbar. The volume button on the soundbar remote works fine.

There's a tag on the battery compartment inside the remote. First line reads: RC1445302/00B; second line reads: 3139 238 1605 1 rev2. I put in new batteries.

I reset (several times!) the remote so that it will turn on & off both the TV & STB.

Today, I unpluged the STB, waited about 30 seconds, & plugged it back in. That didn't help at all.

I also have a problem with the DVR. I have to repeatedly push "OK" on the remote to delete a recorded program.

So, I don't know if the remote is dying or the STB is dying. Or both.

I have the option of replacing both the remote & the STB. Do both come in the same box? Do I use the shipping box to return the STB & remote?

I have an HD STB in the utility room in my apartment. I call it the computer room. I tried using the computer room remote on the living room STB. As I expected, it didn't work. Can I swap the remotes? If so, how do I do that?

I AM thinking about upgrading to the Quantum DVR.

What would happen if I use the menu to (re)program the living room remote?

0 Likes
Re: FIOS remote not controlling soundbar
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Remotes can be swapped around. If TV manufacturers are different, then you will need to reprogram.

Keep in mind that Qunatum remotes only control TVs and STB.

I have a samsung soundbar and had to upgrade to a harmony remote to get full control of soundbar with Quantum.

0 Likes
pcnerd
Contributor - Level 3

Wonderful!

I pay Verizon $140/month & I have to pay them another $18 for a remote! I should get a free swap.

Thanks a lot, Verizon!

What if the replacement remote doesn't work? Do I have to spend another $18 & another $18 & another $18 until I get a remote that works?

I've considered getting a harmony remote but they are so expensive!

I didn't know that the Quantum remote only controls the TV & STB.

Great! I pay $18, I don't know how many times, & then upgrade to Quantum.

Again, thanks a lot, Verizon!

I tried an experiment yesterday. I used the TV remote to select the TV's speakers. I had to repeatedly push the volume button on the FIOS remote to change the TV's volume.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you buy the remote from Verizon and it doesn't work, then you can return under warranty.

I got a Harmony in the $50-75 range that works just fine. But we all have our own definition of what is expensive.

And the 2 button remote actually came out before the Quantum STB did.

0 Likes
Annoyed71

Hi

did this work for you? Did you put a code in first?

0 Likes
pcnerd
Contributor - Level 3

I had to replace the remote because it wasn't responding to button pushes. So far, no problems.

0 Likes