FIOS router bridge mode affecting IPC clients?
trevor0294

Recently I decided to put my FIOS router into bridging mode so I could utilize my preferred wireless router via a LAN connection.  It worked great, and all looked ok.  Until I attempted to use my IPC-1100.  It was now unable to find the VMS-1100.  I verified the physical coax connection, and removed power from the IPC-1100 to no effect.  Any thoughts on this?  I can't imagine that the IPC-1100 requires the FIOS router to be out of bridge mode, but perhaps I'm wrong!

Thanks all!

0 Likes
Re: FIOS router bridge mode affecting IPC clients?
Hubrisnxs
Legend

The new quantum setup puts the verizon router in the picture in a big way. The ipc's are fully dependant on both the main vms, and also the router.

Put the verizon router back into normal operation and after a short while check the port forwarding page and see if the ipc's are getting any special rules. Potentially you could copy that rule set to your router but I'm sure they are using port triggering or some other similar auto configuration that's just not happening with your router.

Also I'm a little unsure it will work in general. I had the older model actiontec and the set up wouldn't configure with the older routers and I had to put in the new one.

0 Likes
Re: FIOS router bridge mode affecting IPC clients?
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

The clients need Moca 2.0 from the Actiontec Rev I router.

0 Likes