FIOS voice remotes pairing to wrong boxes

SOLVED
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

FIOS voice remotes pairing to wrong boxes

Message 1 of 4
(363 Views)

These new FIOS remotes that operate over Bluetooth are a nightmare. 

I have 3 boxes, all on a rack in a central media room. The boxes are connected to the televisions via HDMI extenders with “electric eyes.” 

the problem is I can’t sync a remote to a particular box without all 3 of them flashing. There is no way to block two of the boxes while I sync the 3rd because the syncing is done over Bluetooth. I’ve even tried to put faraday tape over the other receivers.

i have absolutely no interest in using the voice technology and these remotes are making the entire system Unusable. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Gold Contributor I Gold Contributor I
Gold Contributor I

Re: FIOS voice remotes pairing to wrong boxes

Message 4 of 4
(256 Views)

@JCruthers wrote:

Thank you for the reply. When you say, "turn off" do you mean unplug? The boxes all react whether they're on or not..

is there any way I can just get the other boxes? I've already purchased 3 of the older remotes and nothing works. 

I was assuming you had the new Fios One boxes and yes, you'll have to unplug them as they never really turn off. If you have the older 1100 series boxes, you use codes to program them. The new remotes use Bluetooth to communicate with the boxes, which is why you need to pair them one at a time. The new boxes also can be controlled with an IR remote, so if you have more than one box in a room with line of sight, you'll affect more than 1 box at a time.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Gold Contributor I

Message 2 of 4
(328 Views)

@JCruthers wrote:

These new FIOS remotes that operate over Bluetooth are a nightmare. 

I have 3 boxes, all on a rack in a central media room. The boxes are connected to the televisions via HDMI extenders with “electric eyes.” 

the problem is I can’t sync a remote to a particular box without all 3 of them flashing. There is no way to block two of the boxes while I sync the 3rd because the syncing is done over Bluetooth. I’ve even tried to put faraday tape over the other receivers.

i have absolutely no interest in using the voice technology and these remotes are making the entire system Unusable. 

Un-pair all 3 remotes. Turn off all but 1 fios box, pair 1 remote to that box, turn the box off. Turn on one of the other boxes, rinse, repeat.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 4
(290 Views)

Thank you for the reply. When you say, "turn off" do you mean unplug? The boxes all react whether they're on or not..

is there any way I can just get the other boxes? I've already purchased 3 of the older remotes and nothing works. 

Highlighted
Gold Contributor I

Message 4 of 4
(257 Views)

@JCruthers wrote:

I was assuming you had the new Fios One boxes and yes, you'll have to unplug them as they never really turn off. If you have the older 1100 series boxes, you use codes to program them. The new remotes use Bluetooth to communicate with the boxes, which is why you need to pair them one at a time. The new boxes also can be controlled with an IR remote, so if you have more than one box in a room with line of sight, you'll affect more than 1 box at a time.

View solution in original post

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.