FIOS white screen message that won't go away for days - can't get anyone at FIOS to help me!
KROP
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have 2 FIOS Set Top Boxes in my home.  One of the STB's is having an issue - there is a white screen that just says "Please pardon this brief interruption.  We are currently updating your service and should be finished in about 15 minutes.  Press the Menu button on your remote control to watch TV."  It has been like this for 3 days.  When I click Menu - the screen goes black - so I can't watch TV at all.  I have rebooted the router and unplugged the cable and STB plug - same results.  I took the working STB and plugged it into the other TV and TV jack and it works fine so it's not the TV or cable.  I took the broke STB and plugged it  into my other TV and TV jack and the same white message appears so it is definitely the STB.  I cannot get ANYONE at FIOS to help.  I tried the chat - kept disconnecting.  I tried calling and it's the automated service that just reboots my router, etc.   I tried having a scheduled call and when the call comes in - it's the automated line - I can't get a human person to help me!  The STB is definitely the problem.  I need to be able to talk to someone who knows what they are doing to help me - can a fix be pushed to the STB or do we need a new STB?  Need FIOS to help!  Please.  

0 Likes
Re: FIOS white screen message that won't go away for days - can't get anyone at FIOS to help me!
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

Hi KROP,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger inbox for a message from a Verizon support agent. You can find your inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Response times may vary and may be delayed at this time. Please continue to check your Inbox for a reply from a Verizon agent. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.