FIos TV modem(?) replacement
leggs1959
Enthusiast - Level 1

How does one request a replacement  modem for FIos TV? Not the set top box but the one that is connected to the optic wires. Ours died Tuesday night.  We booted, rebooted, pulled and replaced cables, etc to no avail. When you turn everything on the screen(s) are black. We were able to move the box around and it would reconnect for a couple seconds but then it died again. We are thinking that it might be the very thin cable that connects from the building source (we live in an apartment bldg that is totally wired for fios) to the back of the box that can't be accessed.

Thank you.

0 Likes
Re: FIos TV modem(?) replacement
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

The device you are refering to is called the ONT (Optical Network Termination).

It has status lights.

Check those out and then contact support 1800Verizon or twitter @verizonsupport.

Re: FIos TV modem(?) replacement
leggs1959
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you. I spoke with my building manager. She told me that there were some FIOS installations going on in the area and heard that the techs were flipping switches on the pole down the street because it was more convenient for them than doing the proper steps of the installation. We have a FIOS agent for our building, so she said that she will be in contact with them to report it. It appears that I am not the only one in my building experiencing this.

0 Likes