FRUSTRATED: FiOS Mobile app for iPad and live TV on my computer do not recognize me as a subscriber
scbrow03

We recently upgraded our data only service to FiOS TV and Quantum internet.  TV service in the house works great.  However, attempts to watch live TV (on channels that I subscribe to/pay for) using FiOS mobile for iPAD and on my home computer continue to result in some error message saying that my subscription cannot be verified.  The same happens when trying to view WatchESPN or Disney via our Apple TV.  

I've attempted to resolve this via two or three chat sessions and at least two phone calls to Verizon and it hasn't been fixed or resolved.  Somewhere in my account a "pending order" exists, although I don't have one pending.  No one knows how to clear this out but thinks that is my problem.  This is very frustrating.

Any suggestions or thoughts?  I have done the following:

-uninstalled and reinstalled FiOS mobile

-been sure to log in under the primary user when online or or the iPad

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: FRUSTRATED: FiOS Mobile app for iPad and live TV on my computer do not recognize me as a subscri
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases".  You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information.  This should be checked on a frequent basis  as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: FRUSTRATED: FiOS Mobile app for iPad and live TV on my computer do not recognize me as a subscri
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

We have been trying to reach you in your private support case. Due to no response, sounds like everything is in working order.  Please, if you ever need anything make a new post.

Thanks,

- Jose_VZ

0 Likes
logan81
Contributor - Level 3
Typically this happens when you are signing in with a verizon user ID that is not linked with your video package. For example customer has user ID ABCD and then they move to a new address and get a new user ID 1234. However they are still signing with their old user ID ABCD and it is not linked with their new video service at their new address. this is just one example but you need to call tech support to have them straighten it out and make sure you are using the right FIOS sign it. you may be using a verizon wireless log in.
0 Likes
scbrow03

Yes - it is all in working order.  Apparently our TV service wasn't fully activitated somewhere and now we're good to go.  Thanks!

0 Likes
rwbarber21

I have the same issue.  I am trying to watch Disney Channel from my Apple TV.  I go to WATCHDisneyChannel.com/activate which takes me to verizon.com to login where it says I need SelectHD, or PrimeHD, etc to watch Disney...I HAVE Prime HD but it won't allow me to watch Disney from my Apple TV via FIOS internet 😞

0 Likes
Timwinter1
I too am experiencing the same issue. This actually happens quite frequently. Terrible.
0 Likes
Terri111
I am having the same problem.it worked the night before and now it says I am not a subscriber to any channel. Tech support please respond
0 Likes
FRUSTRATED: FiOS Mobile app for Samsumg Galaxy: doesnot recognize me as a subscriber
galaxydeedee
Enthusiast - Level 1

After several tries with FIOS mobile from my home, uninstalling and reinstalling, and ensuring I am logged in properly as a FiOS customer, the following message persists:  "INVALID CUSTOMER. To stream live TV, you must have FIOS TV service.  Please try again after ordering these services.  You cna get more informaiotn at verizon.com/mverizon.  Verizon FiOS is America's fastest, most reliable adn mostconsistent internet and has the beest TV picture quality. Error Code:  HBA_9.

The message is not helpful in attempting to resolve the issue and going to the referenced site leaves me guessing as to saerch phrases to use to get help. 

The issue started this morning.Please note that I have been a subscriber  to FiOS  and to the specific channell and am now viewing it on my home TV.   it was working fine yesterday.  What happened and what can do you do resolve it. 

0 Likes
Re: FRUSTRATED: FiOS Mobile app for Samsumg Galaxy: doesnot recognize me as a subscriber
jbatts

We are in the same boat.   App does not recognize us as a subscriber.  The account worked for the past 2 years and now will not work since we renewed the contract a few days ago.  Any help would be greatly appreciated as no one at verizon was able to help us when I called.

Thank you

0 Likes