FSC HD is unwatchable
DanMeadows
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi,

Beginning just this season watching EPL games on Fox Soccer Channel HD is unbearable.  The picture and sound become so pixilated that I cannot hold my breath any longer.  I realize that the feed is coming from the UK but other foreign feeds on other channels do not have this issue.  What if anything is being done about this?  I don't think this is isolated to FIOS as i have freinds and family with other TV carriers having similar issues.  I pay an extra fee to have access to the Fox family of sports networks and i want this one to work like all the others.  Does anyone have a solution?

Thanks

Dan

0 Likes
Re: FSC HD is unwatchable
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

This is from a signal disruption. Is it happening on all boxes or just one box?

0 Likes
mrdoghead
In my case there just one box. Others have the same issue yet the problem is with the box? That would be odd indeed. This is an ongoing issue, and an increasingly annoying one, giving the absence of phone support from humans.
0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

If there are multiple people experiencing this and its occuring on multiple carriers as well, then its a broadcasters feed issue. We do not manipulate the content as we pull it off the satellite. Whatever that broadcaster puts out is what we relay to our customers. I apologize, but we have no control over what is sent to us.

0 Likes
ahunn13

I just signed up for fox soccer plus a few weeks ago. The SD is disappointing. 

But the bigger problem i have is that on all 5 tvs, and all receivers/dvrs, the picture received is shrunk. It only fits about 75% of the screen (from center), and I have a black bar on all four sides of the picture. i don't have this problem on main fox soccer channel 584. 

Does anyone else have this problem - if this is Fox's actual delivery signal as intended, that's absolutely ridiculous and i'm canceling. 

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

This channel is broadcast in letterbox format. This means that there will be a black bar at the top and bottom of the screen. Since it is in SD, you will have black bars on the side as well. Left unaltered, you will have bars top, bottom, left, and right. You can change your aspect ratio on your TV to zoom the picture to compensate for this. The only type of zooming the box can do is horizontally. You will still have the bars at the top though. Check your TV settings to see what types of aspect ratio changes/zoom options your TV has. The reason that you are not seeing it on 584 is that it is an HD picture and set to fit your screen perfectly. I apologize for the inconvenience this causes, but play around with your TV settings to make this more bearable for you.

0 Likes
RFResnick

Dan,

Did you ever get this resolved? I've been fighting with VZ for four months looking for a solution.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Slappy3
Can we get fox soccer plus streaming on line in hd as a subscriber ?
0 Likes