Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.

Factory reset

bwh
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Factory reset

Message 1 of 4
(2,247 Views)
In trying to solve a problem, the Verizon tech said I could try having her do a factory reset? What will that do? Will it effect the external drive?
3 REPLIES 3
roaddogg
Silver Contributor II
Silver Contributor II

Re: Factory reset

Message 2 of 4
(2,212 Views)

@bwh wrote:
In trying to solve a problem, the Verizon tech said I could try having her do a factory reset? What will that do? Will it effect the external drive?

The reset will erase everything on the dvr itself. They send a signal to any boxes that you have which resets everything. It will wipe the dvr's HD. As far as the external drive goes just unplug it before the reset is done. Any info saved to the HD shouldnt be affected since its on its own device. You should be able to re-pair the external drive with the box after the reset is done and be able to access whatevers saved to it. Dont quote me on that though since I honestly have never used an external drive with fios. Hopefully someone else on here can chime in.

tns2
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 3 of 4
(2,205 Views)

There are factory resets and Factory resets.  At least the one they used to fix one of mine ERASED all sorts of info BUT NOT my recordings.

bwh
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 4 of 4
(2,163 Views)
She explained that it will wipe the DVR and reset it to factory settings, but she didn't know how external would be effected. Even if I disconnect the external beforehand to preserve recordings, I am wondering if the "wiped" DVR will recognize it when I reconnect or think it is new and make me reformat it, which will erase recordings.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title