Family Guy 1-5-14 Recording of this content is prohibited by the content provider
coorz

I have a Media Center PC with a cable card tuner attached.  This past sunday's family guy on Fox I got "Recording of this content is prohibited by the content provider" error.  I've never had a problem recording Family Guy until now and I have other shows on Fox and other networks that have recorded fine.  Did something change with Fox and Family Guy?

0 Likes
Re: Family Guy 1-5-14 Recording of this content is prohibited by the content provider
quintonl

Coorz,

I'm seeing this with Family Guy and a handful of other shows including the new Parks and Rec and Psych.  Several shows on Fox, as well. 

Windows Media Center is the only product that honors the "Do Not Record" flag.  People using TIVO or the native DVR will never see this problem.  However, it is Verizon setting this flag - not the actual network.  

Things like this make we want to "cut the cord" with cable.  When people like us can "find" and download these shows easier than we can legally record them... what are we supposed to do?  Seriously, several court rulings have said the Do Not Copy flag aren't legal - I guess they were local rulings...

What to do?  Well, calling Verizon is useless.  You'll never get to a rep who knows what the hell this is. 

0 Likes
Re: Family Guy 1-5-14 Recording of this content is prohibited by the content provider
mb272

I thought I'd chime in to say I've been having this issue as well. It's really **bleep** me off. A lot of my recordings are halted half way though, while many others just won't even begin recording. 

Is Verizon trying to drive me back to Comcast??? This is absurd. 

0 Likes
JiveTurkey2
Contributor - Level 1
I thought I'd chime in to say I've been having this issue as well. It's really **bleep** me off. A lot of my recordings are halted half way though, while many others just won't even begin recording.

Yeah, except it's not a Verizon-specific issue.  Nice try though.

0 Likes
mb272

@JiveTurkey wrote:

Yeah, except it's not a Verizon-specific issue.  Nice try though.

Wow thanks for the extremely helpful comment; you must work for Verizon tech support. 

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

No he doesn't.  But Comcast is suppose to, or already has, turn on the flag.  Its a change from the content provider not Verizon.

0 Likes