Fast Forward Change Speed
DoriBarney

With the 1.9 upgrade to FiOS TV, the fast forward speeds have changed.   Before I could get 1x, 2x, 3x, 4x. Now I only get 2x, 4x, 8x. Sometimes I want to back-up because I couldn't understand a comment, but I can only go back 2x, which most times is too far back.  How do I change the speeds back to 1x, 2x, 3x, 4x?

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Fast Forward Change Speed
matcarl
Master - Level 1

There was always 3 speeds before, not 4, they just are labeled differently.

0 Likes
DoriBarney

No.

There were 1x, 2x, 3x, 4x because I used all four of them to watch/scan through the Olympics.

2x is the same speed as before. 1x was taken away. So was 3x.

How do I get 1x back?

0 Likes
matcarl
Master - Level 1

There were only three speeds, maybe you are thinking of the Replay button?

0 Likes
DoriBarney

Where's the Replay Button?

0 Likes
matcarl
Master - Level 1

The are a few different remotes. I have an old remote. The button says Replay, I'm not sure what the new remote says, but you can program that Replay button to go back a certain amount of time in the Settings Menu. I have mine set to 10 seconds.

0 Likes
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

The reply button is the curly arrow -- usually near or above the rewind button the remote.   It backs up a few seconds (settable on the STB menu) up to 30 seconds.  Perfect for what you want.

1x -- is normal speed, so taking away 1x lost nothing.  Simply pressing the play button on the remote will return to normal speed.

0 Likes
DoriBarney

I will try the PREV button when I watch TV tonight and let you know.

The 1x did work because it fast-forwarded just enough to by-past stuff and still see everything on the screen. 2x skips and not FF like the 1x did.

0 Likes