Fast Forward Timing Flaw
pearcej
Enthusiast - Level 3

The recent functional changes to the Media Guide are excellent . But I'd like to make a suggestion for another improvement on something that I consider to be a major flaw.  Fios needs to adjust and make the 2X FF speed REALLY 2X instead of  what it is which is way, WAY faster than 2X. In fact, I've timed it and 2X actually FF's at about 7X!  Hence, I'm sure 4X and 8X actually are faster than 4X and 8X but that's not a big deal to me personally but the 2X FF issue is. You've got to make it truly 2X because this would be a great asset to sports fans in particular who want to catch up on a sporting event in in 2X FF and actually be able to follow the game. Cannot follow it when it's going actually forwarding 6 or 7X fast! My DVD recorder has 2X FF and it is really 2X and I can follow the action and catch up to real time. Please look into this flaw and consider it on your next improvements. Anyway, good job on the recent upgrades..........

0 Likes
Re: Fast Forward Timing Flaw
temporaryid
Enthusiast - Level 2

Be careful about what you're asking.  I say "thank goodness" that 2x is really 7x because I actually prefer that rate.  Also, if you're watching on demand material and you need to fast forward, you're often limited to 2x.  Imaging forwarding 1/2 an hour into a on demand selection and truely having a real 2x speed.

0 Likes
2X Fast Forward TOO FAST!
pearcej
Enthusiast - Level 3

My original post has nothing to do with On Demand. I'm talking about recordings on the DVR. Your stated concern about  2X FF makes no sense because you still have the 4X and the 8X if you wish to FF at a greater rate. I use them all for different purposes but for the purpose of being able to actually view the content Fios needs to fix the 2X FF and make it TRUE 2X.

0 Likes