Re: Fast Forward by "Chapter" in DVR
Byronjudge1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't have the option in setting>system>dvr to enable chaptering either.  It was there before the update.

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Byronjudge wrote:

I don't have the option in setting>system>dvr to enable chaptering either.  It was there before the update.

It is supposed to be there in APR7.0.

pghgurl
Enthusiast - Level 2

I no longer have the chaptering feature, nor the option in my DVR  settings menu.  I would really like to have this feature restored.

Flacche

Press DOWN (now) instead... it will show “chunks” of time you can move to, throughout your recording.

0 Likes
Re: Fast Forward by "Chapter" in DVR---WORK AROUND
apap11
Enthusiast - Level 1

A get around i did is to set the 'jump ahead' in settings to 5 min instead of 30 sec.

When you push that button quickly, the 5's accumulate and the result is you can go thru your long dvr recording quickly even without the chaptering function, which they so considerately made disappear in their latest forced "upgrade".

Landb1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Its still not the same. 

mycrowsquish
Enthusiast - Level 2

Agree. This is a poor replacement and it only skips about 4 minutes. i used to be able to hit pause, up arrow on the remote and I could select what "chapter" i wanted. Great if I am at the start of something and want to quickly move to 90 minutes into a 2 hour show.

this new update is terrible

Fish7771

Nope, does not show "chunks of time"

0 Likes
sharonanne71
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same problem here. Super frustrated. Pressing down gives me lots of options I don’t want but none are fast forward. I don’t know why updates always make everything worse. I want my chaptering back.

MemeDC
Enthusiast - Level 1

Mine doesn’t have the chaptering option either in build 7.0

0 Likes