Re: Fast Forward by "Chapter" in DVR
Nyr30

Fios has given no info on chaptering? Typical they would make changes for the worse

0 Likes
Gb52
Enthusiast - Level 1

I’m frustrated too. I sometimes fall asleep while watching . Now have to reverse which takes a while instead of going back in chunks.

I also think the white print on black when you are looking at a program description looks awful and is too small to make it easy to read

DanP6
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon has the strange knack of making DishNetwork look better and better...

0 Likes
me-my-i
Enthusiast - Level 1

Has Verizon removed chaptering from the DVR?  A help menu says that DVR settings include a chaptering option but the actual settings display does not.  Several people have noticed this.  Are we all missing something?

Motorolabizz
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same issue as everyone else but the work around just like using Apple TV is using the voice remote, example below.

Press Blue Voice Button: "Skip ahead 10 minutes" = DVR will perform that function.
Press Blue Voice Button: "Rewind 1 minutes and 30 seconds" = DVR will perform that function.

I'm still trying to see what I can say to get what I want. On AppleTV I can say skip to last 10 minutes but FiOS can't do that. 

sharonanne71
Enthusiast - Level 1

That would be great if I had a voice remote 🤦🏼‍♀️ (Which I don’t) 

Motorolabizz
Enthusiast - Level 1

Unfortunately you are stuck then. 
Also as an update I've tried every iteration of skipping and have had no success. I've tried the phrases below along with countless others. They all resulted in taking to my last channel or giving me suggestions for movies/shows -______-

"Skip to last 10 minutes of the show" "
"Fast forward to minute 50"
"Skip to Chapter 30"
"Last 10 minutes of show"

0 Likes
Gladlys
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree. It was definitely the software change that took away that functionality. If you want to get to the end of a program (like to find the spot where you fell asleep!) you must use FF, which even at 8x takes a long time. 

0 Likes
Gladlys
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same settings. No chattering option. 

0 Likes
Gladlys
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not on my box. Pressing Down in FF just shows me other things I have recorded, in a not very user friendly way. 

0 Likes