Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get gifts fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same-day delivery.

Fast Forward by "Chapter" in DVR

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Re: Fast Forward by "Chapter" in DVR

Message 41 of 45
(419 Views)

Nope.  Turned on the set this morning and my picture in picture was back, the DVR chapter were back, and the mess at the bottom of the screen when changing channels was gone, just the channel and program info.  I am in Western PA so I'm not sure where the update was all applied.  I posted on the September Guide thread and another poster haven't received the change either.

I had a full page announcement that the features were back.

Still hoping the color coding, the lag, and the small fonts get addressed.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 42 of 45
(353 Views)

I live in Loudoun County VA and still don't have Xchaptering back.  It's encouraging to hear that at least a few folks in some FIOS service areas have had it restored, but I'd sure like to know when we can expect the same thing.  Meanwhile, shame on Verizon for giving us an "upgrade" that has done so much to degrade the service we pay so much to get.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 43 of 45
(354 Views)

It's back for me also, with a different look and feel, but it's back! Along with other returnees and features. Thanks Verizon for finally getting it back.

Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 44 of 45
(351 Views)

At the end of this thread Sept 2020 Fios DVR and Guide Update  there is a schedule.

Those of use in the DC/Baltimore area will be getting the updates on 10/30

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Fast Forward by "Chapter" in DVR (ITS BACK !!!)

Message 45 of 45
(147 Views)

As of today (for me anyhow) I now have the Fast Forward by Chapter (10 minutes) option restored !!!  Like before I press the up arrow and now have a similar interface to fast forward by 10 minutes. Not sure if this is adjustable by settings but I don't care. Hope you all have the same restored !

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.