Re: Fast Forward by "Chapter" in DVR
Southern2356
Enthusiast - Level 3

Nope.  Turned on the set this morning and my picture in picture was back, the DVR chapter were back, and the mess at the bottom of the screen when changing channels was gone, just the channel and program info.  I am in Western PA so I'm not sure where the update was all applied.  I posted on the September Guide thread and another poster haven't received the change either.

I had a full page announcement that the features were back.

Still hoping the color coding, the lag, and the small fonts get addressed.

0 Likes
philbj
Enthusiast - Level 1

I live in Loudoun County VA and still don't have Xchaptering back.  It's encouraging to hear that at least a few folks in some FIOS service areas have had it restored, but I'd sure like to know when we can expect the same thing.  Meanwhile, shame on Verizon for giving us an "upgrade" that has done so much to degrade the service we pay so much to get.

A_A
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's back for me also, with a different look and feel, but it's back! Along with other returnees and features. Thanks Verizon for finally getting it back.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

At the end of this thread Sept 2020 Fios DVR and Guide Update  there is a schedule.

Those of use in the DC/Baltimore area will be getting the updates on 10/30

Re: Fast Forward by "Chapter" in DVR (ITS BACK !!!)
gdbeck

As of today (for me anyhow) I now have the Fast Forward by Chapter (10 minutes) option restored !!!  Like before I press the up arrow and now have a similar interface to fast forward by 10 minutes. Not sure if this is adjustable by settings but I don't care. Hope you all have the same restored !

0 Likes
DDOhj4039hd
Enthusiast - Level 2

WHEN WILL THIS RETURN? THIS IS RIDICULOUS! TAKING FEATURES AWAY TO MAKE THINGS PRETTY IS TERRIBLE. NOBODY CARES. JUST KEEP THE FUNCTIONALITY WE PAY FOR PLEASE THEN FIRE YOUR QA TEAM FOR DROPPING THE BALL ON LOSING FEATURES WITH EACH NEW "UPDATE".

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

What model STB and software version do you have?

BTW, no reason to post in all caps.

We are all users here.

JeanJohn

Wow.  An answer to a simple question that actually worked.  Thank you so much. 

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!

0 Likes