Fast Forward by "Chapter" in DVR
Timeout11
Enthusiast - Level 2

Before the recent software update, I was able to fast forward or reverse by "chapter" in any program on the DVR.  This was accessed by pressing the up arrow button in the circular set of buttons on the remote. An array of 5 or 10 minute segments would appear at the top of the screen, depending on how long the entire show was, and you could then right or left arrow to skip rapidly forward or back in 5 or 10 minute increments.  Since the update, I can no longer find this function.  Is it still available or is it gone forever?

0 Likes
Re: Fast Forward by "Chapter" in DVR
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which model STB do you have?

Have you checked to see if chaptering was inadvertently disabled in the latest release?

A_A
Enthusiast - Level 2

STB is IPC1100 DVR. I have yet to find anywhere in the setting to enable/disable chaptering. Help mentions it, but I can't find it in any setting.

Ivyhyrst
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have this same problem. 

Before the most recent update pushed by Fios, the DVR would allow me to skip ahead by chapters.  That feature is now gone and there is no setting to bring it back. 

This is absurd. They added a nicer font. So what? I want the thing to work. I don't care about how pretty the UI looks. 

PLynn26
Enthusiast - Level 2

I Messaged FIOS, no reply as yet. Regular chat knew nothing. 

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@PLynn26 wrote:

I Messaged FIOS, no reply as yet. Regular chat knew nothing. 

In APR 7.0 chaptering is in Menu>settings>DVR>program chaptering.

A_A
Enthusiast - Level 2

Nope.
My "System Information" shows: "Release: APR-7.0"
Mine doesn't have "Menu>settings>DVR>program chaptering"
Mine has "Menu>Settings>System>DVR>"
but then only choices are:
Skip, Replay, Default Series Options, Help
I can provide photos of screens if desired.

Amplect
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having the same problem too. It was working fine before the software update.

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@A_A wrote:

Nope.
My "System Information" shows: "Release: APR-7.0"
Mine doesn't have "Menu>settings>DVR>program chaptering"
Mine has "Menu>Settings>System>DVR>"
but then only choices are:
Skip, Replay, Default Series Options, Help
I can provide photos of screens if desired.

That's strange, APR 7.0 should look like this:

That's what it SHOULD look like. I have no idea why yours is different, but that's where the option is supposed to be. That option wasn't supposed to change from APR 6.9 to APR 7.0.

blumphf
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am very upset the Program Chaptering feature for recorded DVR programs seems to no longer be available.  The "upgrade" to the channel selections happened for me overnight (9-18-20) and this feature no longer appears when i press the Down arrow on my remote.  It's not found under any of the menu settings, either.

This is a very bothersome change...more like a DOWNGRADE, imo.  If I've recorded a 3 hour sporting event and i just want to watch the final ten minutes or so, then I'm supposed to FF all the way through two hours and 50 minutes??!!!

FIX THIS, FIOS!!