Switch Account

Fast Forwarding and Hitting Play - Not Starting 1 or 2 Seconds Back

Fast Forwarding and Hitting Play - Not Starting 1 or 2 Seconds Back

Contributor jlwdm
Contributor
Message 1 of 1
(201 Views)

I was a long time Directv user and have been using Verizon FiOS for most of the last six years I have been in TX.  One of the important features of a STB is the ability to fast forward through a show and when you hit play the normal speed starts one or two seconds earlier and see everything you want to see.  For example if you are fast forwarding a recorded football game if you wait until just after the ball is snapped and hit play the normal speed showing will start a little earlier and you will see the ball snapped and all of the play.  This has been true forever with Directv and the Verizon I had until I moved eight weeks ago.  You have to learn when to hit play based on the system and how fast you are fast forwarding.

Now I have the new Verizon system with one Master box and three smaller boxes. When I am fast forwarding a recorded football play and hit play I miss the entire play.

After 1 hour and 45 minutes on the phone with Verizon Tech support I am told the new system does not start back a second or two. I am going to cancel and go to another service.

Before I cancel I thought I would check for input here as I can't imagine this situation.  The tech support people I talked to had never even heard of the show starting one or two seconds earlier.  The last person talked to a more knowledgeable person and said this feature is not longer part of the system.

Is this really the case?

Jeff

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.