Fast Forwarding and Hitting Play - Not Starting 1 or 2 Seconds Back
jlwdm

I was a long time Directv user and have been using Verizon FiOS for most of the last six years I have been in TX.  One of the important features of a STB is the ability to fast forward through a show and when you hit play the normal speed starts one or two seconds earlier and see everything you want to see.  For example if you are fast forwarding a recorded football game if you wait until just after the ball is snapped and hit play the normal speed showing will start a little earlier and you will see the ball snapped and all of the play.  This has been true forever with Directv and the Verizon I had until I moved eight weeks ago.  You have to learn when to hit play based on the system and how fast you are fast forwarding.

Now I have the new Verizon system with one Master box and three smaller boxes. When I am fast forwarding a recorded football play and hit play I miss the entire play.

After 1 hour and 45 minutes on the phone with Verizon Tech support I am told the new system does not start back a second or two. I am going to cancel and go to another service.

Before I cancel I thought I would check for input here as I can't imagine this situation.  The tech support people I talked to had never even heard of the show starting one or two seconds earlier.  The last person talked to a more knowledgeable person and said this feature is not longer part of the system.

Is this really the case?

Jeff

0 Likes