Fast forward Problem
knightstar

I have the large capacity DRV.  In September they upgraded our DVR service adding new features.

Ever since then, the DVR does not fast forward properly or stop when you go from fast forward to play.

Prior to the upgrade, if you went to fast forward the DVR acted exactly like a DVD player.  When you went faster it picture just went faster.  For example, your watching a football player running down the field.  You go to fast forward and you watch them simply running faster. Since the upgrade this does not happen anymore.  Now it is as if you get flashes where the runner is on the 10 yard line, then the 20 yard line, then the 30 yard line, etc.  It is not just a faster picture it is like seeing every 6-7 seconds and what happens in seconds 2-5 are skipped over.

Hard to explain.

Then if you try to go to play, it may or may not stop when you hit play.  It might keep going.

0 Likes
Re: Fast forward Problem
TonyaD_VZ
Contributor - Level 3
knightstar,

Fast forward is controlled by how many times you select the FF button.  It is set at 2, 4 and 8.  If you press once it is at the slowest speed.  Please let us know if this does not answer or resolve your issue and we can contact you for further assistance.

Thanks, 

Tonya D.  
0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

@knightstar wrote:

Then if you try to go to play, it may or may not stop when you hit play.  It might keep going.

This behaivior (overshooting the point at which you press play) was noted and reported to the development team during the beta testing.  It is especially bad if you are playing back a recording with live recordings going on at the same time and at FF speeds above 2X..

0 Likes
tr0912

I'm having the same issue. When I fast forward and I hit the play or stop button, nothing happens. It just keeps going until I hit the buttons many, many times. Any idea when this issue will be corrected?

0 Likes
jdmaxell1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same thing here.  I have external drive too.  Press play and keeps going and going.  Not remote (Tried 4 different ones)  Only happens when using remote for multi dvr,  not on stb watching show on that dvr.  Also, the boxes power button blinks on\off when you press play.  Better when doing 2x, but 4x and 8x are bad .  I too also notice more when something is being recorded at same time.  It almost acts like the DVR gets the play signal, but the FF is going so fast, it can't stop it in order to play, so it just ignores it.  Please fix soon!

0 Likes
Vernon4152
Enthusiast - Level 1

When using FF or FR the DVR passes the stop point. This occurs inconsistently and is not dependent on channel, but occurs 90% of the time. 
We do have multiple DVRs and occurs on either one. 

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Vernon4152 wrote:

When using FF or FR the DVR passes the stop point. This occurs inconsistently and is not dependent on channel, but occurs 90% of the time. 
We do have multiple DVRs and occurs on either one. 

Must just be a DVR thing because I had AT&T, and Xfinity and it did the same thing with them too. Only thing I found was a way to set a key on the Xfinity remote to 30sec skips, then you have more control, but FF and FR are erratic at best there too.

0 Likes