Fast forward problems with 2nd room DVR
Arnie328

I am enjoying my new FIOS set up very much.  I have the Home Media option on my HD DVR and STBs.  I'm having trouble with the "Fast Forward" when watching shows in my "non" DVR room.  When the show is longer than about 45 minutes... after scanning thru commericals the program jumps back to the beginning.  This is very frustrating and in some ways defeats the purpose of the multi-room option.  I'm considering canceling this option but wanted to check first to see if there's an easy fix.

Thanks in advance.

Arnie 

0 Likes
Re: Fast forward problems with 2nd room DVR
MWNets78

From what I was told, this is a known issue. No time table for a fix.

0 Likes
wile_e_coyote
Enthusiast - Level 2
I haven't had the jumping back to start problem. Mine cannot be stopped! One time nothing stopped it. I couldn't even turn off the TV with the remote or at the box. I had to unplug it. I haven't reported it, because it's not that important. I would rather Verizon REPLACE THE TV GUIDE with something that is accurate and informative!!!!
0 Likes
nascar
Master - Level 1

I have 3 problems:

Multi Room DVR

1. I watch a recorded program on one of my remote STB’s.  I log onto FiOS TV Central once the program I was watching ends.  I try to delete the show I was just watching via the web site and I get the following: Attention!  The selected program cannot be deleted since it is currently being played.”  Not true.  It was playing but no longer.  Since I cannot delete the program via the remote STB this error doesn’t help.

2. When watching a recorded program on my remote STB it will sometimes start Fast Forwarding all by itself.  It happens after a locally inserted commercial.

3. When I Fast Forward a recorded program and then hit Play the program may jump back near the beginning.

I would very much like to know that these issues have been submitted to FiOS support.  If not then please let me know how to.

0 Likes
TheSanchez
Contributor - Level 2

Hey nascar,

All three problems are reported issues and due up to be fixed.  The first of your problems isnt a problem with the site, as it is a problem with IMG.  The DVR content isnt being flagged properly after finishing it.  Number two, you already know what is causing it.  I don't know too much about this problem as ad insertion is handled on the network level.  I do know they are reporting to be working on a fix at this time.  Only a few areas at this time experience this problem as verizon does not locally insert ads in every market.  Number three has been around for a while. We have attempted to fix it but the "fix" actually broke more things than it fixed so we had to pull it off the boxes.  This one is still a work in progress to be fixed. 

TS

nascar
Master - Level 1

OK! Thanks! All I need to know is that you guys know what I'm talking about.   Sorry... But coming from Comcast and all their incompetence has made me get a little over the top at times.

Anyone that has had to deal with them can understand my frustrations.

Thanks again to all the very helpful Verizon staff here!

@TheSanchez wrote:

Hey nascar,

All three problems are reported issues and due up to be fixed.  The first of your problems isnt a problem with the site, as it is a problem with IMG.  The DVR content isnt being flagged properly after finishing it.  Number two, you already know what is causing it.  I don't know too much about this problem as ad insertion is handled on the network level.  I do know they are reporting to be working on a fix at this time.  Only a few areas at this time experience this problem as verizon does not locally insert ads in every market.  Number three has been around for a while. We have attempted to fix it but the "fix" actually broke more things than it fixed so we had to pull it off the boxes.  This one is still a work in progress to be fixed. 

TS

0 Likes
Arnie328

Agreed.  I can live with the imperfection as long as I know Verizon is aware and working to resolve the problem.

Thanks

Arnie 

0 Likes
quixo

Any ETA on the a fix for the FF problem? Our multi-room DVR will start fastforwarding after a skip, usually toward the end of a show. And sometimes it just begins fast-forwarding on its own. Very frustrating!

Thanks.

0 Likes